Earth Kills

Jennifer Tanner
Episode 3, Part 1

Abby Griffin and Jennifer Tanner opened the door to the shared apartment. Jennifer was fifteen years old and extremely close to Abby's daughter, Clarke. Jennifer used to live with a man named Bellamy Blake but Abby thought that with the age difference of five years and the relationship they were beginning to form, that it was quite inappropriate. So she told the council to have Jennifer moved into her apartment.

"What'd we miss?" The dark haired woman asked as the two walked through the door. Jennifer bounded over to Clarke and Wells, the Chancellor's son.

"You guys started the game without me??" Jen asked incredulously.

"It's fine, Jen." Chancellor Jaha told the blonde haired girl before turning to Abby. "You missed your husband and daughter being obnoxious." He told her as all of their eyes were glued to the screen.

Abby barked a laugh. "Jake, better play nice." She told her husband.

"Come on, get down the field, Fire." Wells shouted as he clapped his hands together. Jennifer looked over to her blue-eyed best friend. Their appearances were so close to one another you'd think they were sisters. But siblings were against the law on the Ark so it was impossible.

"I assume we are winning?" She asked a smirk plastered to her face. She nodded before looking at Wells.

"Don't we always, though?" She asked as they both laughed. Jen stood and looked over to Abby and Jake as she watched the man grow serious. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she had never seen him so serious before today.

Jake had been waiting on this system analysis since he had put in a word for it. Now that his wife has told him that Bennett has it he doesn't want to hesitate to take it. He looked down at his watch before standing up and kissing his wife. She was shocked that he was leaving at that moment but he let her know he'd only be gone for a few minutes.

"Everything okay?" Thelonius asked as he watched his best friend begin to leave.

"Oh, yeah. You know this old boat." He chuckled as he swung the door open. Everyone's eyes on him in concern now.

Jennifer looked at him. "But Jake, we just got home." Her eyes were pleading with the father like figure to stay.

He just smiled at her before raising his hand in a wave. "It's always something."
______________________

I clutched Jasper's hand as he groaned in pain. Clarke took his pulse and sighed. "His pulse is three eighty." She put her dad's watch down and looked up at me.

"Go back to sleep!" Someone from the level below us yelled. Someone else said something else but I didn't quite catch it. Clarke and I looked over to the hatch then to Jasper.

"Don't listen to them. You're gonna make it through this, okay?" I said to Jasper comfortingly as his moans continued. I rubbed my hand across his face, "Promise." I whispered as I leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on his sweaty, heated forehead.

"Can he just die already?" A man yelled from down stairs. I growled and began to stand up to kick some ass when I felt Jasper grip my hand harder. I looked down at his pained features and my glare softened as I sat back down. I continued to brush the hair out of his face as I looked down at him, my long blonde hair brushing against his cheek. I sighed and allowed a small tear to fall.

"I'm gonna get clean water." I whispered as I stood and left the room. I hit the bottom floor before i walked out of the drop ship. The cool air whipping my long hair around my shoulders.