The Failed Treaty of 2149

Jennifer Tanner
Episode 9, Part 3

Finn, Clarke, and I trudged through the woods. It was silent for awhile before Clarke spoke up. "I'd love it if you were right about this, but did you ever consider it might be a trap?" She asked Finn.

"Yep, but since it's Unity Day I decided to have hope instead." He responded as he looked back at her. 

I sighed as I pushed past the two. "Unity Day is a farce. They only made it a holiday to make themselves feel better about what they did. No and's, if's, or but's about it. They didn't care about peace. They just didn't want to feel the guilt." I said a little two harshly.

I stopped when Clarke called out to me. I guess she needed to check Finn's stab wound. I stayed in my spot a little ways ahead of them as I quietly watched our surroundings. It's still dark, but I would say it's early morning. So I guess, technically it's not Unity Day anymore.

I then turned around to see what was taking so long. Finn was pulling down his shirt as Clarke looked at him. "Seriously, Finn, you're putting a lot of faith in a guy who stuck a knife in you."

"She's not wrong." I admitted truthfully.

"You have faith in them." He said slightly offended. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have a small amount of faith in one of them but only because he saved my life." I turned to look him in the eyes. "Twice."

Finn sighed and addressed Clarke. "You're sounding more and more like Bellamy."

"I'm just trying to keep us alive." My blonde friend told him.

Finn zipped up his jacket. "So am I." He told her before walking past the both of us.

I watched Clarke quietly as she dropped a pile of walnuts on the ground. She gave me a warning look before brushing past me after Finn. 

I looked at the pile silently before looking behind us. Raven, Jasper, and Bellamy were somewhere behind us. I then thought of my plan to protect us all. "As am I." I turned and followed after the two.

:::::

Bellamy Blake

I bent over to pick up the walnuts that either Clarke or Jennifer had dropped on the ground. "At least, they're good for something." I said to no one in particular. 

"Sorry about bringing up Clarke earlier. That was awkward." Jasper stuttered.

"Shut up." Raven said harshly. 

I let out a sigh, "Both of you shut up." I said angrily. I knew I shouldn't have snapped at them, but a lot has been on my mind recently. Starting with Jennifer and this damned grounder. I was beyond pissed that he tried to kiss her, and instead of hearing her out I pushed her away. Now all I can think about is her sneaking out of camp to see him.

I looked down in my hand to see my mother's ring. She gave it back before we all left. Her words rang through my head on repeat as I thought about what she had said to me. 

"I didn't let him kiss me, because as he leaned in, you were the only person I thought of.... I didn't know where we stood. But even the thought of kissing another man seemed so wrong.... Goodbye, Bellamy."