Murderer.

Jennifer Tanner
Episode 4, Part 2

"I'm going to kill him." Bellamy had been pacing back and forth, growling to himself for the last half hour about how he was going to off Murphy in many different ways. I let him do his ranting for a while but I'm honestly tired of listening to it. 

I stood and walked up to him catching his arm and halting him. "You aren't going to kill anyone." I told him. He sighed and looked down at me.

"I can't believe he did this to you." He whispered his fingers finding their way to my busted lip. I gave him a small smile.

"I'm okay. And I already told you, I knocked him on his sorry ass in one hit. It took him three and I'm still standing." I said with a small laugh at the end. He smiled a little. "Come on. We should at least keep an eye on the workers. And this time actually make sure they are being taken care of." I turned around to go down the hatch when it suddenly burst open. I stumbled back a bit in surprise but Bellamy caught me before I could fall. 

Clarke's head popped up and she looked at us. "What happened to you?" She asked as soon as she saw my busted face. 

"Long story. What's up?" 

"Jasper found something, follow me." I looked back at Bellamy before following her down the hatch. 

In minutes we were standing in a tent. I felt like I was going to be sick. Two of Wells' fingers sat on a makeshift table in front of us along with a knife. All of these were found by the spot that Wells' body was.

I picked up the knife and began to examine it. Something about it seemed familiar. I let out a deep breath. "This knife was made with the metal from the dropship."

Jasper looked at me fear in his eyes. "What do you mean?" I looked at Jasper, not sure of how to respond. He knew what it meant. It meant that someone from inside the gates killed Wells. Meaning he was murdered by one of us. Not by a grounder.

Bellamy put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner before turning to his little sister. "Who else knows about this?"

Clarke took the knife from me and continued looking at it.  "No one," Octavia said, "we brought it straight here."

"Clarke?" I looked over at Jasper who was watching Clarke closely. I turned my attention to her. She knew what this meant just as much as Bellamy and I. She dropped her arms and looked up at me and Bellamy. 

"It means the grounders didn't kill Wells." She stated.

"It was one of us." I finished for her.

"So, there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asked. I looked at him and nodded my head. 

"There's more than one murderer in this camp." Bellamy stated. "This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet."

Clarke slowly looked up a look of realization crossing her face. She stepped around the table and went to leave the tent but Bellamy blocked her.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." She demanded.

"Clarke, be smart about this." I grabbed her arm and forced her to look at me. "Look at what we've acheived--"

"The wall, the patrols." Bellamy cut me off. "Like it or not, thinking the grounders killed Wells is good for us." My head snapped in the direction of Bellamy and I dropped Clarke's arm. That was not where I was going with that.

"Oh, good for you, you mean. What-- keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" Clarke demanded of him. 

"Yeah, that's it." He responded. My jaw dropped and my gaze hardened. "but it's good for all of us. Fear of the grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do, just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know whose knife that is."