Part Two

Trikova
Part 2

Season 2

Epigraph

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool
I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.
Because almost everything-- all external expectations, all pride, all fear
of embarrassment or failure-- these things just fall away in the face of death,
leaving only what is truly important."

-Steve Jobs

Prologue

Sometimes, in life, people you love do things for you to protect you, to make sure that you stay safe. Even if it means dying themselves. My entire life had been nothing but everyone I knew and loved sacrificing what they knew, who they were, and their lives, for me. Now it was my turn to do the same for them.

These thoughts ran through my mind as I ran through the thick woods. My arm wrapped around my stomach to support my own weight as I trudged through the mud. Dried up, black blood covered my body from the torture I've had to endure the last few weeks.

"Bring me the head of the Trikru killer, then you'll be free to go."

Those are the words Lexa spoke to me after weeks of torture, pain, and unanswered questions. I almost went against her terms just so her men would kill me. I spoke for no one on the Ark. I knew nothing of their laws on the ground, so I have no idea if they'll hand over the killer or if they sent this person to kill those people. All I know is that they were very much innocent. They didn't deserve the death given to them. God is not what the Sky People are. They have no say in who lives and dies, just as the coalition does not.

Almost twenty-four hours, I didn't stop for water, i didn't stop to hunt, or sleep, i just kept running. I pushed myself harder every time i felt tired. I couldn't feel my body anymore, the pain gone now. It was the thought of Bellamy that kept me going.

The thought of that dreadful day when he risked his life just to save mine. When he entrusted my life to someone who turned against us, who turned me in. When I trusted a grounder that ruined both of our lives.

It seemed like years ago. Honestly, I didn't know how long ago it was. I couldn't tell you, i had been locked away in a cell for so long. The darkness was all I knew until two days ago. Not just physical darkness either, mental and emotional too. Knowing that Bellamy was dead because of a stupid mistake i had made ate me alive.

"You need to run!" Bellamy shouted at me. I didn't listen, we were being attacked and right now the only thing standing in the way of the grounders and my family, was me. I couldn't let them get past me until the drop ship was completely sealed.

That's the reason Bellamy died though... because i didn't listen.

I cried out as a grounder tackled me. My body hit the earth with a solid thud and tears sprang to my eyes as the air was pushed out of my lungs. The man on top of me tried to slice my neck but my arm was blocking him.

I remembered that day like it was yesterday.

Suddenly the man on top of me rolled off and Bellamy was standing above me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me off the ground, He shoved me back and arms wrapped around my torso. I fought back a bit before looking behind me to realize that it was Xavier. My eyes widened as I looked back at Bellamy.

Xavier was never meant to be there. He was supposed to have left. Ran away to safety, but he lied to me. He lied to all of us...

I pulled away from the man and ran towards Bellamy who turned on me with a fierce scowl. "I told you to go!" He shouted at me.

"I'm not leaving you!" I yelled back. "You'll die out here alone!"

Bellamy looked at me sadly. He quickly took a step forward and brought his lips to mine, a fierce passionate kiss shared between two desperate souls filled the small void between us. "I love you." He whispered. I frowned at him.

"Bell.." but it was too late, he had already shoved me away. The next thing i knew I was being dragged through the camp and out the wall that we had built. I slowed down for only a second when a gunshot sounded through the almost deafening roar of fighting.

Even after weeks of torture the pain from that day was still worse.

I looked around, I stood there long enough to see Bellamy tackled by the same guy who tackled me, he wasn't concentrated on his battle though. He was staring at me. His eyes wide, filled with horror and sadness.

Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes.

My hand was held against my waist, black blood seeping through my clothes and the cracks in my fingers, I collapsed to the ground, my body in shock from the pain the bullet imbedded me with.

The last thing I remember seeing before Xavier dragged me away and turned me in to the Commander was Bellamy's broken body turn to ash when the Hydrazine was set off.

I swore to myself that day, that i would never forgive Xavier for what he did. Nothing could atone for his actions. He's the reason Jennifer Tanner is dead. He, and everyone in Polis.

Jennifer Tanner is dead, and Trikova has risen, and taken her rightful place as The Shadow.