"Murphy's Law"

Jennifer Tanner 
Episode 4, Part 1

"So, Abby turned Jake in?" I whispered as I looked up to Clarke. "And Wells was trying to protect you, to protect us, by letting us hate him?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Yeah." Clarke and I stood by Wells' grave. I felt the tears continue to build. 

"Clarke, I was so cruel to him." I said quietly as I looked to the grave next to me. "He tried so hard." I looked back to my blonde best friend, her blue eyes meeting mine. "Clarke, I never got to apologize or make ammends with him." I whispered. "I never got his forgiveness."

Clarke quickly stepped forward as I began to cry. "Shh, trust me he already forgave you. He forgave both of us without even trying." I continue to cry into her shoulder. Our best friend since diapers died at the hands of a grounder while on watch, and for two years I hated him for causing the death of my only father, when he never did.

We froze as we heard footsteps behind us, both of us were turned with our knives drawn in a matter of seconds.

"You shouldn't be out here alone." I sighed and relaxed. As did Clarke, I put my knife away and looked at Finn. "I could've been a grounder. They got Wells just outside the wall."

I cocked my head to the side, "Says the guy who just spent another night exploring the woods all by himself."

He pointed to himself with a small smile. "But I'm reckless. And irresponsible." I stifled a laugh.

"Oh, but Spacewalker, there are so manhy things missing in that equation." 

He let out a laugh then looked to Clarke. "I got you something." I looked between the two before walking away.

"Welp, that's my cue. I'm out."

I walked back into the gates and met up with Bellamy. "Well, hello, Gorgeous." Bellamy said as he kissed my forehead.

"Hi." I gave him a short smile.

"How are you holding up?" 

I sighed and stuck my hands in my pockets before rocking back on my heels. My gaze on the ground. "Bell," I whispered, "He didn't tell his dad about Jake." I whispered as I looked back up at him. Bellamy looked at me concern in his eyes. "Abby did it. Abby killed our father. And Wells let us hate him, to protect us."

"Jen.." Bellamy pulled me into a hug and I sniffled, trying to hold back the tears. 

"I didn't even get to say goodbye." I said quietly as Bellamy rubbed my back.

"Shh, it's okay."  I silently cried into Bellamy's shoulder as all the thoughts of how I treated Wells over the past week ran through my head. "I can't believe he's gone." 

"Bellamy!" I pulled away from the embrace as Clarke marched forward. She handed Bellamy her knife and laid her wrist down on the ground in front of us. "Take it off."

Bellamy looked at her unsure of what to do. Then he looked at me, his eyes showing that he didn't know if he should do it or not. I bent down to where Clarke was and looked her in the eyes. "What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Making her feel what I felt when she got our father killed." Clarke whispered to me. I understood immediately. I looked up at Bellamy and held my hand out for the knife. He gave it to me no questions asked. I turned back to Clarke and positioned the knife in the right spot. 

"It'll sting." She just nodded her head and I watched as she silently braced herself. "For dad." I told her.

She looked me in the eyes a single tear drop falling down her cheek. "For dad." And in one swift movement the bracelet fell off and we watched it light up, then die. Clarke bit back a curse before standing and rubbing at her wrist. "Now she'll feel how we did that day."