Safety Chip

Jennifer Tanner
Episode 12, Filler

Bellamy. He was all I could think about right now.

I wussied out. Of all the times to back out of something, it was because of the one reason Octavia had told me not too. I let his meaningless hook ups bother me to the point where I could not tether him down the way I had wished too. The way I had hoped he wanted to be.

I stared at the night sky. The sun was just barely peaking the horizon as the stars slowly began to disappear from the sky. I slowly closed my eyes as I continued to float on my back. It was getting colder and I was wearing my bra and underwear. When I first got in i was freezing, but I soon got used to the ice like water. My knife was clutched in my hand with my machete laying against a rock next to my clothes. My hair floated around my head as all the dirt and grime pooled away from it.

It felt nice to get all the dirt off. I let out a soft sigh as I opened my eyes once more. The sky was now full of subtle yellows and pinks. I sucked in a deep breath before pushing myself under the water. My eyes closed automatically. I scrubbed my free hand through my hair a few more times before emerging from the water. I exhaled the breath I was holding and pushed the excess water out of my hair.

I wiped at my eyes and nose to rid my face of as much water as possible. I turned to start walking towards the shore, but I froze when a silhouette danced across my line of vision. I quickly ducked under the water and swam towards the shore.

Carefully, i popped my head over the edge to peak at the place the shadow had come from to see nothing. I let out a sigh and shook my head.

"I'm losing my shit." I whispered as I pulled myself onto the mossy grass. I stood and walked over to the rock that held my belongs. I quickly dried myself off before pulling my jeans over my legs. I bent over to reach for my shirt when a sharp pain hit the back of my neck.

I winced and pulled my hand up. My fingers gently brushed the light pink scar that had taken up residency there since I was an infant.

A frown fell across my face as a memory filled my head.

"But daddy? Why is it there?" I asked my father. I was only five and I had just realized my neck had been cut open.

My father smiled brightly at me as he leaned down and gently rubbed the delicate skin. "Because you, Pumpkin, are a miracle baby." He had told me.

"A.... mir...acle... baby?" I had asked, stuttering through the big, unknown word.

"Yep, when you were born, mommy and I weren't sure you would live. Clarke's mommy, Abby, found a big bump on the back of your neck and she had to cut it out and put a safety chip in to save you." He had told me, his smile softening.

Tears built up in my eyes and I quickly wrapped myself around him in a hug as I cried. "But daddy! I don't want it, it's ugly and no one likes ugly people!!"

"Hey, Hey, Hey, who told you no one likes ugly people?" He chastised as he pulled my younger self off of him and gripped my shoulders.

"The boys in my daycare, daddy... they say that ugly people grow old and die alone." I whispered sadly as I fiddled with my fingers.

He chuckled before taking my small hands into his large ones. "Honey, no body is ugly. People just have different aspects about them that make them special and unique. Every one is special and beautiful in their own ways. And that scar on the back of your neck. Well, baby, that scar makes you the most unique of them all." He whispered before wrapping me in a large, comforting hug.

I let out a sigh as the memory drifted from mind. Although the frown that covered my face hadn't left. The scar had never hurt before, so why was it hurting now? Did it have something to do with the sudden change in my blood? Was I dying? I didn't feel like I was dying? I quickly shook the thoughts from my head as I reached down and picked up my shirt. I went to put it on, my hand still clutched my knife as I began to slide my arm through the sleeve. I shivered from the cold as I finished pulling my shirt on when all of a sudden I was knocked to the ground.

I let out a gasp of pain as I rolled across the grass, my back hitting a rather large rock. I groaned and looked up to see a man standing where I had been before. A sword clutched in his hand as he slowly walked towards me.

It was a grounder. I recognized his mask. He was one of the guards Anya brought with her on the bridge. I quickly gathered my senses and stood with my knife. I ignored the pain in my back as I readied myself for a fight.

"Jus drein jus daun." The man growled. "The Heda wants blood. Specifically, Trikova's."

I frowned at his words. "Heda?" I questioned but the man ignored me as he lunged, his sword aimed for my throat.

:::::

HEY GUYS,

soooo, i've got some inspiration back for the last of this season, however i do plan to stay true to my original intent of not uploading until June 8th.

However, what i will be uploading are short fillers that portray into Jennifer's story line so you can kind of see how she's important to the story in more ways than just being Bellamy's love interest. also i felt like a month would be too long to go without a small update here and there. I hope you guys enjoy,

Thank you all sooo much for 2K reads! it's the fastest amount of time i've reached that many since i started publishing on this app period and i'm so glad that you guys can read it and that you love it and jennifer as much as i do and i hope you continue to stick with through her journey with myself.

We both love you all dearly and appreciate you all!!

Don't forget to:
comment/share/vote/follow

Goodbye my beautiful nightbloods❤️