Nightblood

Jennifer Tanner
Episode 12, Filler

My eyes widened but I was quick to react. I ducked underneath his swinging blade and pushed my right leg out, knocking his legs out from underneath him. He crashed to the ground and with the momentary gap I jumped to grab my own sword. I knew I wouldn't be able to defend myself against a long blade, with a short blade.

I underestimated this man's speed though, I could practically feel the handle of my blade wrapped in my fingers when the man pulled me down. I crashed to the ground with loud groan before I quickly rolled over onto my back.

The man had lost his sword somewhere during the attack and had now focused on solely punching the life out of me. That's what he did too. With every knuckle that hit my bones I let out short cries of pain before finally he had taken the knife out of my hand, my will to fight gone. He raised it above his head. Closed his eyes and whispered. "Yu gonplei ste odon." I frowned. What did that mean?

The man's eyes opened once more before he translated. "Your fight is over."

I sucked in a deep breath, tears continued to stream down my face but I refused to cry out. I refused to allow this man the guilty pleasure of watching me beg for my life. So, I waited. I wanted this man to see my soul drift from my body. I wanted him to feel the same way I did when I killed that man in Xavier's cave.

Guilt.

But he hesitated. His eyes widened as he looked at the reopened wound in my shoulder. The thick, black blood seeping through the cracks of broken skin. I could feel his tense body relax only a fraction as he whispered, "Nightblood."

Ignoring his words I bucked my hips into the air and brought my knee up, slamming it against his back. He quickly stood, allowing me to roll over into my stomach and reach for my sword. The man pushed me back into the ground, his grip tightening as he tried to hold me still. All of a sudden there was a sudden flash of pain in my right arm. I cried out as I grabbed my sword. My hair flipping around my shoulder.

The man froze again, his fingers tracing my scar. "The flame?" He questioned in a whisper. I felt his weight lift off my body. "You're lucky, Trikova." He sneered. "I won't kill you, not yet."

He reached down to grab my arms, going to tie them behind my back, but before he could touch me I rolled over. I brought my sword with it and with one anguished cry I sliced through his stomach. Blood poured from the fresh wound. Covering my recently clean body in crimson liquid.

His eyes widened as he gripped at the opened with wound. His body falling sideways to the ground. I stood, looking at the man, his blood dripping down my face, my body, my sword.

This was the second life i've taken. I wouldn't have gone with him though. I placed my hand on the wound he had created on my arm. The black blood oozed between my fingertips. I exhaled sharply as I finally realized that I was killing this man.

I dropped to the ground next to him, "No, no, no." I whispered as I put pressure on his wound. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry please, I can get you back to my camp, we can fix you up just please keep fighting." I cried as I reached for my shirt. I balled it up and pushed it against the cut i had inflicted on the man's stomach.

The man grabbed my arm, sending me a bloody, pain filled smile. "Ai gonplei ste odon." The man whispered before his eyes closed and his body released its last breath.