Torture.

Jennifer Tanner
Episode 7, Part 2

I stood next to the hatch, watching and listening to Bellamy question the grounder. My gaze kept flickering from this one to Xavier. His head was still relaxed to the side and as far as I could tell he hadn't moved or opened his eyes. Which was probably a good thing for him right now.

Bellamy must've noticed my concern because he stalked over to Xavier. "When do you think he'll wake up?" Miller asked.

"I don't know. How hard did you hit him?" Bellamy spat back as he grabbed Xavier by the jaw. If Xavier was awake he made no show of it.

"Bellamy, leave him alone. Please, he's not bad. He saved my life." I begged as I took a step towards him. 

Bellamy's hand dropped and he took a step towards me, slight anger igniting in his eyes. "You know, Lil' bug, you keep saying that and I look at you and somehow your appearance tells me something completely different." he all but shouted at me as he gestured to my injuries. 

"Bellamy, he didn't do this." I pleaded as I gestured to my face and shoulder. "My ankle was just an accident." I whispered as I looked down at my splinted foot. I hadn't felt any pain so I completely forgot about it. I shook my head and looked back up to meet Bellamy's gaze. "You want intel? I have it. Just don't hurt them. Please."

Bellamy's look softened, his gaze slowly shifted between me and the grounders. I could tell he was going to give in. All I needed was that one second, before he opened his mouth to say something, before Clarke demanded to be let up here. 

"Get the hell out of my way, Miller. Now!" She growled as she climbed up after Miller unlocked the hatch and opened it for her. 

Clarke walked up to the grounder as Octavia followed her up. "What's on this?" She asked him as she held the knife, that had been embedded in Finn's chest, in his face.

"What are you talking about?" Bellamy asked as he moved away from Xavier and I.

"He poisoned the blade." Clarke said angrily. "All this time, you knew Finn was gonna die no matter what we did. What is it? Is there an antidote?" Clarke started to yell.

"Clarke, stop!" I exclaimed.

"Clarke, he doesn't understand you." Octavia voiced from beside me.

"Vials." Bellamy suggested, turning and walking over to a small container he held it up. "It's gotta be here." 

I watched as Clarke threw the knife on the ground and grabbed the vials from Bellamy. "You'd have to be stupid to have a poison around this long without an antidote." She rummaged through the vials. I froze when I heard a groan from behind me. Everyone froze and turned around to face Xavier, including me. I slowly stepped towards him. 

"Don't be awale, don't be awake." I whispered as I stepped closer. Either he really was asleep, or he heard me, because nothing else happened after that. 

"False alarm?" Bellamy questioned from right behind me. I turned around and frowned. 

"Seems so." I s confirmed as I ushered him back over towards Clarke, I followed quietly. 

Clarke turned her attention back to the vials. "Which one?" She demanded of the grounder. I watched him in admiration as he stayed silent, even with his life on the line he chose to protect his people and their secrets.