Just Another Day

Aaron's wolf (he's gotta white tummy!!!!) ------------------------------------------------------------->

***April's P.O.V.***

 His dungeon is the same as I remember it. Cold. Dark. And musty.

It's probably been a few days and the only people I've seen is Mr. Alpha himself and Dale, who I none-too-kindly kicked where the sun don't shine and he still hasn't forgotten it. I guess it doesn't help that I bring it up each time I see him which ends up getting slapped across the face once. It doesn't hurt as much as what used to be done to me down here, that's for sure.

They used to see how this drug worked on me and how effective it was. The worst side-effect is that I can't remember anything from my past life or before I was brought into this hell hole. They said my name is April, but told me nothing else about my life.

Apparently, I wasn't a part of his pack so it's not like he was abusing anyone who mattered (note the sarcasm). Once, I felt like my body went numb for a little while and I ended up passing out. When I woke up, I was exactly where they left me plus a rash on my arms and stomach from whatever they injected into me.

The next time they tested something on me, I threw it up almost immediately.

And the next time, it didn't actually do anything. At least, that's what I thought. When they threw me against the wall and got me all worked up, I tried to call on my wolf, but it's like she wasn't there. My mind was empty and yet filled with so many questions.

That's what they gave me now so I can't shift and it sucks. It shuts down my strength and senses so everything isn't a clear as it would normally be. The only thing allowing me to see anything is a small window set with bars that let a little light filter through. It's really small and high up on the wall so even if I could get there, I wouldn't be able to get out like the first time. I'm literally stuck.

The sound of keys turning in a lock turns my attention to the set of stone steps leading from somewhere upstaris to down here.

After some quiet mumbling and quiet footsteps, three figures come into view, but I can't tell who it is. Dale steps into the light with two other men and smiles sarcastically down at me.

"Is someone enjoying all this time to their self?"

"Go screw yourself Dale and take them with you." I spit at him and jerk my chin in the direction of the other guys.

He chuckles.

"You're still the same. No matter what we did to you, you always would try to fight back."

"And I'll always be like that. You can't break me." I struggle to a standing position and am greeted by the other two men grasping my arms behind me. "What? Are you intimidated by a starved girl the weighs probably half of what you do?"

Dale stalks to where I am and leans in so that his mouth is directly next to my ear.

"We may not be able to break you, but maybe it's possible to make you obedient." I raise my eyebrow in question and he laughs in response.

I'm suddenly hauled off my feet and literally carried from the room, up the stairs and into a brightly lit office. I have to blink a few times before I can make anything out.

It looks like I'm not the only person with company. Sitting in the corner of the room in one of the high back chairs is a face I hoped I'd never see again. Leyali.

"Hello April. How have you been doing? I hope Highland hasn't been too hard on you. Wouldn't want to ruin such a pretty face." I growl softly at her and make no move to get closer. "No need to be hostile. This is nothing personal, but I have a favor to repay and I intend to keep my end of the deal."