Story Time

anytime things are in italics, its like a flashback told by the person telling their specific story.

***Terra's P.O.V.***

I leave Aaron reluctantly standing there as Skye and Hayden lead me back to his tent. So I'm not completely heartless, I turn and give him a little wave. He cracks a smile at this and I giggle quietly to myself.

"Something funny?" Skye asks me, smirking.

"Nope." I pop the 'p' and ignore his amused expression. I have no doubt that he saw what I did. He just wants to make fun of me. Same old Skye I've always known.

We sit down where we were before in Hayden's tent.

"Tell me how you ended up here, Skye. Last time I saw you, you were hanging around with Cameron and his idiot friends."

He sighs and leans back in his chair.

"I was. I was with the guys, including your brother... well, your other brother." Skye adds, looking at Hayden and he rolls his eyes.

"Just keep talking."

"Okay, well, we went for a run without first letting your guards or parents know. We thought we could handle ourselves, being teenage boys. It all started out as fun, but then we were surrounded by rogues."

"Dude, we can't go without letting anyone know. Your parents will freak." Connor warns, but we just laugh.

"Don't be a kill joy. We're going for a run. What's the worst that could happen?" Cameron slaps him on the back, almost knocking him over.

Cameron, Connor, Vincent and I are creeping through the halls, avoiding guards and especially avoiding the king and queen. They'd kill us if they found out we're sneaking out. We peek around a corner and see that the coast is clear.

"What are you boys doing?" We all jump like six feet in the air and spin around to see Ember with her arms crossed and looking at us with a disapproving look.

"No where."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"To the moon."

"What was the question?"

We all say at the same time until we realize what Connor said. Even Ember is looking at him like he's lost his mind.

"To the moon. Really Con." She rolls her eyes.

"I don't do well under pressure." He defends himself.

 "Look, I don't know what you guys are up to, but I know you wouldn't want Cam's parents to find out, would you." She says it all in a tone that implies she doesn't really care ll the while inspecting her nails.

"Are you blackmailing us?" Vincent asks, sounding surprised that she would do that, but I actually know she will.

"I don't know. What do you think?" She retorts, looking at each of us for a few seconds.

"What do you want?" Cam asks, sounding defeated and slightly annoyed.

"Where are you going?" She asks again.

"For a run." Connor blurts out and we all turn to glare at him. He slaps his hand over his mouth and apologizes.

"I suck at lying."