chapter six.

a/n: 800 reads? I feel so blessed. Thank you. 💚

  sorry if there are typos!!

    **finn's pov**

The wheels of my bicycle clinker against the parallel thin medal poles that held the tires in place, as I rotated my legs around repeatedly, pedaling with all of my strength, Pup right beside me, sprinting along at a steady pace, once and for all approaching the entrance of Sunset States.

Surely, Dr. Brown will be as nice in person, as she was over the phone.

   It would be a shame though, if she changes her mind, about letting me get this job.

        I'm truthfully desperate for some cash, at this point.

  The last thing I want, on top of the obvious negligence I receive from my parents, is the physical abuse that occurs every so often, when they aren't satisfied with something I either do, or I don't do.

  It would happen more, the blows that I receive from my father, if I wasn't constantly trying to escape the horrendous environment, with Pup by my side every single day, almost looking for a way out.

  My mom doesn't hit me, but she sure will treat me as if I murdered Nick, instead of the actuality of an accidental tragedy that occurred, which is the source of everything.

    The last time my father hit me, was when I was sitting in my room, minding my own business, and he came in to see if I knew where his twenty four pack of Budweisers went.

  When I said no, which was the truth, he was in his usual drunk state like he's always in.

  With that being said, he irrationally accused me of taking the god forsaken beers, and that resulted in myself going above and beyond to scream back at him, pleading to stop what is the constant intoxication inside of my house, to plead for things return to how they once were.

   That's when I got clocked right in my eye, so from that point on, I knew to just keep to myself, to never express a feeling to either one of them, ever again.

    But, when an individual crashes rock bottom, something both of my parents have done, there's just no going back.

  I know that they'll never get help that they need, and I know that I won't ever matter to them, not like I used to, at a beautiful point in time.

The faster I pedaled, imagining that I was actually escaping outside of what an awful life I have, like I would no longer be trapped in such a shitty predicament, the stronger the breeze would become, persevering me to blatantly ignore the aches in both muscles contained inside of both legs.

   After so long of the altercations that occur around me, I've become more and more adjusted of the idea, accepting that my life will never be enjoyable.

  And with that, I try my hardest to not think about any of it.

  Yet, I'm human, so the things that I endure, they have to cross my mind, at one time or another.

"Did you like your can of beef stew, Pup?" I ask him curiously, more than pleased that he was finally able to eat real food that wasn't disposed of, the loudness of my voice escalating because of the pressure built up in my ears from the speed I was pedaling, as he barks in retaliation, comprehending my words, a smile forming against my lips.