chapter thirty-six.

a/n: unbelievably sorry for the long delay :( love you guys!

**millie's pov**

 I intently stare at her with concern and confusion, not following any reason as to why she was currently standing in the cold rain right on my doorstep, as my fingers tightly clutch onto the cool doorknob. 

 Her eyes almost pop out of her head, a reflecting look of shock appearing on her mascara stained cheeks, as I tilt my head at her, before scanning the area behind where she stood.

 Did she walk all the way here?

 How does she know where I live?

 "M-Millie?Y-You live here?" Her soft voice inquires with an unexpecting tone held inside her voice, as I physically get slight whiplash from the very confusing question by cocking my head back. 

  What does she mean 'do I live here'?

 Otherwise, why else would she come here?

 "Natalia...what are you doing here? How did you even know which house to come to? I'm sorry...but I'm so confused right now." I admit as I flutter my eyes closed, the process of trying to figure out what was currently happening becoming all too much to even look at her, as the soft rain continues to patter against the abyss around us. 

 "...I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have come. I didn't know that you lived here. I-I'll just go." She briskly apologizes into a sniffle due to her soft cries, as she then begins to turn her body around, before I instantly clutch onto her soaking wet sleeve of her lavender colored sweater, pulling her back from trying to leave. 

 She's alone. 

 She's pregnant. 

 Something bad must've happened. 

 "No, don't leave...come in, please. I can make you some hot chocolate." I almost mumble, slightly pulling on the sweater sleeve, as she looks down at my hand that was interlacing with the fabric, substantial hesitance written all over her moisturized complexion. 

 Is this poor girl going through such shit that she's actually going from door-to-door to seek shelter, advice, or some sort of guidance?

 I mean she has a bag with her...she must be planning to escape to get out of something. 

 Maybe, she got in trouble. 

 "I shouldn't..." She admits in a staggering breath, as the short length of her curly brown hair sticks to the sides of her damp cheeks while she shakes her head, as I pull my eyebrows together in slight confusion. 

 "No, seriously, it's fine! You can come in-" I attempt to offer once again before she cuts me off. 

 "Are you alone? Is there anyone else here?" She commands with caution, the answer to her question impending on whether or not she would agree to, as I glance behind me to peer up at the tall spiraled staircase where Finn was now standing on top of, curiosity plastered all over his perfect face. 

 "Finn. He's the only other one who's here. My parents are out of the country at the moment. You don't have to be afraid, Natalia. Look, just come in for a few minutes, let's talk and get you into some warm clothes, then you can go." An obvious look of surprise bestows against her face, as she very slowly trails her eyes from looking up at Finn from afar, back to me with another round of hesitance before she then steps inside of my home. 

 -

 "So, what were you doing? I mean...were you just going house-to-house, or-?" Natalia softly cuts me off, as I stand in front of her sat stance at the island with Finn directly next to me, locking my elbows against the flat surface, while she comfortably sits wearing a pair of my cheetah print Dolce and Gabanna pajamas.