chapter twenty-seven.

a/n: long time no see, i am so sorry! school is grade A kicking my ass! but i am gonna try to update daily again, starting with this chap :)

SEASON TWO WAS BEYOND FUCKING AMAZING I CRIED AT LEAST TEN TIMES BC IT WAS SO GOOD JAKEKKWKDKEKE (IF YOU HAVE SEEN IT, PLEASE MESSAGE ME SO WE CAN DISCUSS OK GREAT THANKS.)

**millie's pov**

   Why does it seem that almost all of my friends just barge into my house whenever they feel like it?

"Shit...can you please go upstairs for a minute? Just until I can get them to leave?" I urgently whisper shout to Finn, as he darts his eyes around the kitchen with worry, before quickly nodding in response, bestowing a small whistle to signal for Pup to follow him.

  They both simultaneously and quickly shuffle up the spiraled staircase just several seconds later, as I approach the front door with the cold rag pressed against my blisteringly felt back.

   "Yes?" I can't help but sound a little annoyed when I swing open the front door with one hand, as Sadie, Maddie, Iris, and Grace stood there impatiently, gusts of cool breeze gently blowing back the small brown curls of my hair.

  "Millie, what the hell? Where have you been for like the past what-three days? We've been texting and calling you nonstop ever since Friday! Have you even checked your phone?" Maddie scolds my absence all in one go, as I quietly sigh underneath my breath, breaking our temporary eye-contact.

My friends are really great, but they always act like they have to know about everything and anything.

  "I-I've just been busy, okay? I didn't mean to ignore you guys, or not come around...it's just been a weird couple of days." I shake my head, as I reveal everything besides the actual truth.

  The past couple of days have been nothing but weird.

They've been quite amazing.

  "Busy? Busy doing what? I'm so confused Mills, I-I mean, you skip school, Noah tells us that you canceled your guys' date-" I cut Iris' additional scolding off with irritation.

   "Well, that's just great. Maybe, it's nobody's business besides Noah and I's. Of course, he just had to tell you..." My eyes roll to the back of my head, as awkward silence develops, each of my fingertips leaning around the width of the wooden door.

"Look...I'm sorry, but I've just been enjoying the past couple of days being able to do my own thing. It's not like you guys don't own me." I can't help but complain in annoyance, as Grace and Maddie scoff in unison, the other two girls remaining quiet.

  "Shut up, Millie, and just let us in." Iris disregards my words, as I nervously bite down onto my lip, hesitant to allow Finn to stay upstairs all by himself for longer than what I'd intended.

   "Later, okay? I have something going on." I excuse persistently, gliding the palm of my hand against my forehead to sweep the brown hairs out of the way, as every one of my close friends look at each other in great confusion.

    "Millie, what is it that you're not telling us? Come on, quit being so secretive all of a sudden! We're your friends, you can talk to us." Sadie demands, tightly folding her arms over her chest, as I exaggerate a long sigh, leaning the indent of my temple against the front door, right above my rested fingers.

"We aren't leaving until you tell us what's going on. You're not acting like yourself, Millie, and it's actually kind of scaring me. Just tell us what's been happening. " Grace authoritatively speaks out, as my eyebrows raise in response, the coldness of the rag pushing onto my sore skin unfortunately becoming warm, not allowing a sense of relief, persistence plastered on all of their faces.