chapter thirty-seven.

a/n: ugh pissed @ myself for procrastinating and being a lazy bum, so here's a long chap comin' your way!!

**millie's pov**

A distinct ringing that seemed endless remained to echo inside of my head, a ringing that insinuated shock and a sense of unknowing prevent me from being able to entirely hear my mum's demanding shouts directed at my running father, as I slowly lean down to try and wake a passed out Natalia, still very out-of-it.

What just happened?

Why did my dad just up and run away the moment that he noticed that Finn and Natalia were standing up here with me?

I have no idea what's going on.

"Natalia?" I vaguely can hear my own voice over the constant powerful ringing in my head, as I keel onto both legs to shake her by her shoulders, sweat droplets clinging her short brown curly hair to her forehead before the rapid sound of my mother's footsteps chasing after my father bestows into the living room.

Something's wrong here.

   Finn's agonizingly soft and concerned eyes meet mine for the first time with a slight aversion of turning my head, as I then can start to feel my own start to flutter with confusion at the events that just occurred seconds before, the following sound of a car engine roaring away bringing another rotten nerve to flutter inside of my stomach.

I don't know if it's the fact that my parents finally came home or the bizarre fact that my dad ran right out of the house once he saw who was standing beside me is making me feel so discombobulated.

Either way, it's physically taking a toll on me at this very moment.

"Natalia?" I softly call her once again in an attempt to wake her, ignoring the thousands of questions racing inside of my mind, as she very slowly comes to, batting her eyelashes together harshly in response to the sudden state of unconsciousness.

  Finn's knee joins my bent ones, as we both carefully lift her up onto her feet, guiding her towards the inside of my bedroom that was only feet away from where she'd initially landed.

"I-I have to leave." An octave higher than her usual tone of voice almost shouts into my ear, as I quickly glance at her, gently remaining her buckled arm dangling over my right shoulder to keep her from falling, several tears spilling out of her pale eyes.

Something is most definitely wrong here.

  "Here, let's get her on the bed. She's too weak to stand on her own." Finn quickly informs me, as we then gently turn her around to allow her body to dip down against the mattress before his worried eyes then meet mine.

There's so much happening all at once.

Finn is here on a rainy day when surely no bushes or lawns need attending that haven't been attended to in weeks I may add, a pregnant girl came over to ironically and oddly enough my house out of them all, my parents are returning after being gone for what feels like forever, my father just left in such an unexpected and weird way, and Pup is undergoing a serious surgery that is putting his life at risk in which my mum or dad must sign for.

I don't know what to talk about first.

Finn is surely terrified and confused, and Natalia probably is, too.

A loud slam of the front door causes me to slightly jump, as Finn instinctively brings me closer to him, engulfing me into almost a side hug, wrapping his long arm around the small of my back.