Scrabbles and Flowers

Upon the arrival of Olga, it seemed necessary-at least to Alexandra- that there be a dinner party held at the palace, or at least a less casual one. Olive gained permission from Nicholas to invite her family over as well, though it was never necessarily a problem if Olive ever did want to have her family over. It was strange to think that in a month, Olive would be living in a palace of her own, and would have to make executive choices for the entire country. It sounded difficult, but there was Alexei that came with all that, which made it seem all worth it in the end.

It was about five that evening, and they were all out in the palace grounds. Hugh, Millard, and Bronwyn chased Joy around the yard, while the dog happily yipped at
their heels. Everyone else was quietly speaking with one another close to the gardens, though Anastasia had her nose snubbed up a bit at something Enoch was saying. "Do you think I'm stupid? I know what a mortician is!" Anastasia was saying, giving Enoch a deadly glare. Olive wanted to suck in a deep breath at the sight of the two arguing. They were both stubborn and headstrong, it would be an arguement neither one would win. Olive hoped Enoch would at least be the bigger person and not let Anastasia get to him, though there was no telling with him sometimes.

Enoch rolled his eyes, leaning back on one of the garden arch's pillars. "I never said you didn't. Don't get all snippy with me princess." He shot back at her, and Anastasia gave him a glare in return. Before she could say a word back at him, Tatiana grabbed her by the elbow to hiss in her ear a warning. Olive wanted to giggle at the sight of Anastasia's furrowed brows as she continued to mentally scold Enoch. Tatiana wasn't used to Enoch's ways and probably just thought he was only getting mad at Anastasia because she had gotten mad at him first, though Enoch could get mad very easily. Olive was standing beside Emma and Jake, who were frowning at Enoch as if to scold him as well.

Alexei was out in the gardens, walking with Miss Peregrine through the topiary paths, is hands folded behind his back as he nodded seriously. Olive furrowed her eyebrows at the sight, her hand grasping onto the cool stone behind her as she watched them carefully. Emma's hand on her arm made her jump slightly, the glass of wine she had in her hand shaking a bit as she came to her wits. Emma carefully drew her hand away, smiling a bit at Olive's start. "Calm down! You seem so on edge!" Emma teased, making Olive roll her eyes at her friend's teasing. "What is it with you and Alexei and thinking I'm so easily startled? You are the ones who creep up on me and scare the wits out of me!" Olive retorted with a smile, shaking her head.

Emma crossed her arms, titling her head to the side as if to prove a point. "Well, if you've heard it from both of us you probably are startled easily." Emma said matter-of-factly, then scanned the group of people gathered by the front of the garden. "Speaking of your husband to be,
Where is he?" Emma inquired, turning back to Olive in question. Olive stretched her neck out to peer over Emma's shoulder to catch a glimpse of Alexei's familiar tall form bowing his head at Miss Peregrine. Alexei spoke a few words more words, then inclined his head again with a smile as Miss Peregrine outstretched her hand to shake Alexei's firmly. "He's walking this way, he was speaking with Miss Peregrine." Olive said, looking back at Emma with a smile.

Alexei was walking towards them now, his posture less tense and a smile on his face as Olive and Emma watched his approach. "I'm sorry to run off, its quite rude of me." Alexei said as he approached them, smiling apologetically as he walked up to Olive and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. Olive blushed a bit at Emma's pointed smile, and lifted her head to look at Alexei. "What exactly was that?" She asked quietly, though she knew Emma could hear every word she said. Alexei put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. "I'll tell you later." He whispered in her ear, glancing over an Emma to prove his point a bit more.

Olive nodded silently, though she was quite curious. What could Miss Peregrine need to speak with Alexei about? She decided not to dwell on it though, Alexei had told her he would tell her about it later. Olive heard a small high pitched giggle a little ways off, and turned her head to see Claire bounding towards them with some flowers that looked suspiciously like the ones growing in the gardens. "Oli! I've found some pretty flowers for you!" She said enthusiastically, smiling widely as she handed the bundle of messily picked flowers to Olive. Olive smiled, patting the golden curls on her head. Hopefully, nobody would notice the flowers missing from the orchard.

"Thank you, Claire! These are lovely!" She said, smiling at the young girl.
Alexei bent down to be eye level with Claire, though his tall frame still loomed over the small girl. "Why these are quite beautiful, just like you are." Alexei said sweetly, smiling at Claire as she giggled and blushed. "Well, you are very handsome, Prince. " Claire said, nodding her head bashfully at Alexei as he grinned at her, his tooth gap showing proudly. Olive smiled at them with Emma,shaking her head at Alexei. He was very good with children, it would probably come in handy in the future if they decided they wanted children, which she was sure they would.

  It was one more good thing to look forward to.

Guess who FINALLY updated? I'm so sorry I haven't been updating, I've just been so busy with school and all, 11th grade is getting me. I'm sorry this is poorly written too, I'm a bit rusty on my writing skills. I will try to update more often, I'm so sorry I haven't been. I have a ship idea for the story, but it's just a thought and it's a bit random and all, but Enoch and Anastasia seem like a good pair that would ground each other down. I done know if it will be a pair for sure though, I'm still working it out. Tell me what you guys think. The picture above is of Alexei swimming somewhere around 1916 in Alexander Park Lake. I love that picture so much! He looks so handsome!! Thanks so much for reading guys!!!