Prom

Dear Lennon,

It's five days before the big dreadful day. Do you know what day I'm talking about? Well if your too dumb to know it's prom night on a Friday. I had just found out that I was one of the nominees for Prom Queen I had asked them why and they said simply, "You knocked a teacher out" so being a psychotic bitch got me as a nominee? Cool!

Alice wasn't attending Prom since she could pop any second and she said birth water doesn't look nice on a dress. I agreed. She did have a checklist for my plan. And today we were to go dress shopping and Seth was going to just so I got a second opinion. I wasn't a dress person but for Friday I'll make an exception for Alice.

I was mad though because they woke me up at what I personally felt was too early to wake one up, 10:30 on a Monday. Yeah we were playing hooky. Seth pushed me out the door when I was in my sweats and tank top. So here I sat in the back seat mumbling curse words to both siblings.

"You still mad Annie?," Seth asked from the drivers seat.

"Yes you asshole," I grumble, but he knows I don't mean it. I can curse without intentionally meaning it.

"Come on why are you so mad Anna?,"' Alice asked and I glared at her.

"Well as you can see I'm not a morning person, and I'm not dressed appropriately!," I half shout and Alice shakes her head in a laughing matter.

"Its Florida Anna no one gives two shits," Alice says and I think about that. I've seen people at supermarkets dressed in their pajamas and once just once I saw a girl with just a bikini on walk into a Seven Eleven buying an Arizona bottle.

"Well I do! Could we get coffee at least I'm half awake," I complain and Seth drives to a Seven Eleven and Alice gets out to get us coffee and at my request, donuts. Seth turns around in his seat to face me.

"Ready to buy a dress?," he asks, that answer is hell no because I've never gone dress shopping before.

"Hell no, how bout you, are you buying a suit?," I ask him then. He'd probably won't because he owns a lot of dressy clothes due to the fact that he went to church every Sunday.

"Nah today is your day, Alice is back," he says and I look out my window and Alice who may I just point out looks like shit is carrying three cups of coffee and a bag containing donuts or a donut. She opens the passenger seat and tosses the bag to me and sits and slams the door shut.

"Coffee with milk for you Annabelle," she says handing me my coffee and I silently thank her and I sip on my cheap Seven Eleven coffee.

"Black coffee for you Seth and tea for me," she says handing her brother his cup and were off. I know where they're taking me. Theres this old boutique that sells dresses and it has this catwalk for the customer to walk up and down. It was thirty minutes away from where we are right now.

I say Prom would be special in a way, like last dance as a senior in High School. It'd be cool if Alice went, she lit up every room she walked in and she was incredibly funny. This year the students had control over the labels and everything so when I went on the school's website and clicked on students choice, I clicked on my name and a picture of me holding two shots at a party showed up and a bio was under it.

It had said this:

"Annabelle Oliver, eighteen years old and is known for her notorious fighting, drinking, music taste, and partying. Ms. Oliver is nicknamed in this school as a "heroine" or a feminine hero for no one sees courage like that. She was voted most likely to become famous for her comedic language and excessive cursing. She is currently dating Seth McCartney."