Chapter 10

I sat up from my towel and reached into my beach bag. I pulled out my phone and checked my messages. Mark canceled are daily time together since he went to go visit a friend that lived about three hours away. But said he should be back by tomorrow.

"Who was that guy from the club last night that you were with?" Liam asked.

"Tyler. Just some guy I met that wanted to go out last night." I locked my phone and placed it back into bag. I looked over at him and looked at the necklace that had the ring on it that hung around his neck and rested on his bare chest.

"Do you want it back?" he asked following my gaze and looking down at the chain.

"N-no. It's not mine anymore." I suddenly found a great deal of interest in my fingernails.

"It's always been yours Danielle." he sighed "I don't know why you can't see that, see that I still love you."

"I don't think now is the best time for this Liam." I wanted to stand up and walk away, but my body wouldn't move.

"There doesn't have to be a right time to tell you I love you." He lifted the chain from his neck and brought it in front of him in his hands. "I want you to have it back." He undid the chain and pulled the ring from it then scooted closer to me.

"Please take it back, I want you to have it again. Your hand looks so bare without it." He took my hand in his and slipped the ring on where it used to be. "Will you look at me instead of the sand please?" he grabbed the tip of my chin and tipped it upward so I could look at him. "You look so beautiful." He whispered as his lips inched closer to mine.

I couldn't wait any longer for his lips to be in mine. I closed the gap between us. Liam rolled over so he was above me holding himself up with one hand and his left knee was bent. He deepened the kiss by slipping his tongue into my mouth.

"Get in there Liam!" I heard one of the boys scream from the water. Liam pulled away then rolled onto his back right beside me with both of us breathing hard from the kiss.

"They ruin everything." he sighed and reached for my head and placed our intertwined hands in between us. I laughed a bit thinking about our first date at his house and Niall ate all the food. And when Zayn showed up when me Liam were in a heavy make out secession and it was about to be more than that.

"Yeah they do, but I love them." I laughed then closed my eyes and enjoy the moment. Just laying down next to Liam in the warm sun while he held my hand.

A phone rang and I realized it was Liam's because he still had the same ridiculous ringtone. But he didn't move.

"Aren't you going to get that?" I turned my head so I was looking at him.

"Nope." He gave my hand a light squeeze.

"And why not?''

"Because I don't want to move from this spot." He turned his head so our faces were only centimeters apart. "Why can't it always be like this?" he whispered.

"Because," I sighed and looked away from him. "Because I ruined everything."

"You were just scared to tell me."

"No. I was stupid." I pulled my hand from his and stood up. "I need to go." I picked up my towel and put it in my bag. Why do I keep running away from him? (No, seriously, why I keep making Danielle run away?)

"No. Please. You just got here. Please Dani, stay." He stood up and tried to grab my wrist to stop me.

"We shouldn't be doing this. It's been a whole year. We both need to move on."

"How am I supposed to just 'move on' if I love you?" I walked away from him but he only followed.

"You stop. You have to stop loving me."

"I can't! What do you think I have been trying to do the entire year we have been apart? It's impossible!" He said as I quickened my walking pace.

"Stop following me!" I yelled at him.

"Then stop walking away from me!" I did as he said turned around a little too fast and he almost ran into me.

"Don't you see, Liam?" I said letting tears fall. (I realllly need to think of new ideas other then running and crying. My writing skills are getting crappy. Sorry)

"See what?"

"I don't want to be happy. I don't believe in that stuff anymore. When you say you love me I can't say it back because I don't know what love is anymore! To me love is falling for someone and becoming so attached to them then it gets ripped away from you. All love to me is pain!" I screamed and wiped at my face. "I don't want you to love me because you'll get hurt. Everyone gets hurt when they love. You need to move on and find someone who won't hurt you! I can't love you like you want me to. So, please, leave me alone Liam." I took a deep breathe in and turned on my heels and walked away from a surprised Liam.

_______