Chapter 2

You hummed happily stepping out of your truck. You took a deep breath of air the familiar scent causing you to smile. Walking towards the scrapyards gate you pressed a button at the side of the gate a chime rumbled through and you smiled. The gate opened and your gaze fixated on a young boy.

He tilted his head at you, which you replied by tilting your own head, "Can I help you?"

You chuckled and nodded, "Yes Im here to see Denny Clay?"

The boy paused slightly, "And who are you?"

You grinned, "Trust me, he'll see me I'm an old friend of his."

The boy paused at your words staring at you very skeptically, "I-I'll go get him."

You chuckled as he disappeared from view. You wondered back over to your truck and leaned on the fender watching the gate. You grinned at you saw the familiar red shirt appear.

"Long time no see." You grinned at your father who happily rushed to you and crushed you in a hug

"I didn't expect you to be here so early!" He laughed finally releasing you from the hug

You shrugged, "I'm a college student I know how to stay up all night."

Your father laughed in reply and the boy just looked confused. You rolled your eyes with a chuckle and walked over to him offering him a hand.

"Hey Russel, I'm (y/n) Clay." You spoke and he looked up at you in shock

"That would mean-" you rolled your eyes

"Yes, in your big sis. And I'm back from college with my degree." You smiled, "It's been too long and I want to spread some time with my family... that is if you'll let me?"

Russel looked up at you his blue eyes wide, "I-erm... sure.." he gave our hand a limp shake, "It's just hard for me to imagine having a big sis."

You cocked an eyebrow, "I was a junior in high school when your were born so I guess I was out of the house by the time you were three..."

"You were gone for a long time then..." Russel stated

"Went for my masters and trust me it takes a long time and a lot of studying." You chuckled, "And coffee made with Red Bull."

Russel gave you an awkward smile at your words. You looked over your shoulder when your father called your name.

"How 'bout we get you unpacked and show you where you will be staying." He said with a smile

You chuckled and walked over to your truck and hopped in. You slipped toe left arm out the already open window and with your fathers instructions navigated it into the yard. You spotted some oddly bright cars on your way, and decided to ask later. You parked in front of the RV and turned off the engine of your truck. You stepped out and inspected the rough-around-the-edges RV. 

You opened the door to the living space and... well you've lived in smaller spaces. It had a double sized bed with a wall and a door less doorway at one end and a space where you would have drives if you were on the road up front. There was a small table with two booth style seats by a window with overly frilly curtains some counter space and some cabinets and a rusty old sink in the middle. You hummed.

"Sorry I couldn't do anything with it-" you cut your father off

"No, it's fine, thank you for getting this for me. Just needs a little elbow grease is'all." You smiled back at him, "Now in gonna move my few boxes in and my clothes and I'll meet you at the diner for lunch."

Your father smiled and nodded, "I'll meet you there buttercup."

You smiled at your watched him go. As you were sure he couldn't see you anymore you grabbed a shovel and dug a small deep hole. You walked over to your truck and pulled out a sliver suitcase from the back seat. Checking to make sure all the cash was there you placed it in the ground and buried it.

You dusted yourself off with a hum and moved your boxes into your knew mobile home.

~smol timeskip~

You were walking towards there your father had directed you to where the diner was. You passed a two cars you were throughly impressed with. You run your fingers gently over the hood of the black and yellow one of the two. The metal was warm almost as though the engine was just over worked.

"What's under your hood?" You questioned to yourself walking over to the drivers side

You traced your fingers under the console looking for the release switch. The leather of the seat felt as though it was melting as you finally found it. The hood popped open with a soft clunk and you walked around and pulled it up to admire the engine. All of the different components linking together to make this beautiful machine. You accidentally touched the radiator only to snap your hand away with a loud pained curse.

You looked suspiciously at the engine and grabbed the warm hood and slammed it close to properly shut it. You looked at your red finger tips and placed them in your mouth to suck the pain away and pushed the drivers side door closed and continued on your way to the diner not bothering to look at the red sports car.