Chapter 16

You turned with wide eyes the gun clattering out of your grip. You were tempted to run.

Could you successfully run from a car? Probably not very successfully.

You stared at Bee's holloform and swallowed hard. Do you try to construct a lie about how- no... he saw you kill, you were sure if he saw the whole seen, but he definitely saw you off the last guy.

Well....

Either way you were fucked.

Might as well just keep it going.

You limped passed him hissing a little, "Bee lets go."

You opened the passenger side door and flopped into the seat. You grunted and pulled your injured leg in the door closing after you. The engine idled a moment before rolling backwards into the lonely road.

"Take a left up here..." you spoke blandly

He complied and remained scarily silent. It was almost as though you weren't in a sentient robot and only within one of those self-driving cars that were in development. You patted the seat a little. You weren't really sure if you were if you were trying to comfort him or yourself.

You supposed he was trying to processing the fact that he saw you off someone. You'd probably react the same if you saw one of your friends did same.

... that's probably not true, but still you understand.

You continued to give Bee directions continuing to suffer in the suffocating silence. You hissed a little reaching down to touch the still bleeding wound in your calf.

"Bee.. We'll arrive at a warehouse, and you'll need to use your holoform..." you tilted your head up and breathed, "please... Don't tell anyone about what you see or what I did..."

He remained silent as his holoform materialized in the drivers seat. He slowly rolled up to the warehouse gate the guard in the access booth straightened as Bee rolled down the window.

"We need to get in." He spoke looking at the man

The guard slipped a hand to his hip, "Don't we all buddy?"

You grinned and leaned forward and saluted a little, "Davey let us in, I need to tear Tech a new one."

The guard smiled broadly and laughed before pressing a button on the side console, "Say hi to Blondie for me kiddo."

"Can do sir!" You laughed as Bee rolled forward trough the gate

You laughed softly and looked at Bee, his bright blue eyes were dark in thought and his knuckles paling from his grip on the wheel. You sighed softly.

You directed Bee to a parking space and like a woman on a mission you pushed open the passenger side door. You limped towards the warehouse entrance determined to chew out Tech.

Bee was quick to sweep to your side and pull one of your arms across his shoulders. You wanted to protest, but the relief on your leg felt soooo good!

That and you'd never admit that you liked his arm around your waist.

But it did hurt that he was still refusing to look at you.

When you got close enough to you swung open the door with a loud slam. All eyes turned to the door guns poised ready to fire.

"YOU FUCKERS THOUGHT YOU SAW THE LAST OF ME DID YOU!?" You cackled as you were drug in

They all chuckled and went back to what they were doing. You were soon approached by your favorite dark skinned medical officer.

"If it isn't the one and only Goggles!~" you laughed stumbling from Bee's arms into hers

"If it isn't my favorite Lara Croft look alike." She laughed, "And she's brought a hunk of a man home!~"

"Shtappp!" You laughed, "Im bleedin' here!"

"Can't keep yourself out of harms way?" She chuckled a grin pulling on her lips 

"Well, when I get shot I get to see you!" You laughed earning an eye roll from her

~

You hummed as Goggles finished wrapping up your leg and moved on to your glass littered back and arms. You cast a glance over at Bee brooding by the door. He met your gaze for a brief moment before looking away.

Ouch... 

You sighed a little and drew your gaze from the mech-turned-man and to the poster hanging on the drab grey wall. You studied the pale orange kitten clinging to the branch with the cliche message "Hang in There"

You were trying to... But the branch is giving way.