Christine...

A.N// I have like 3-4 unfinished drafts for this that I've been meaning to finish for so long but Ive never gotten around to it. Oh well, heres a bit of angst for ya.

He's not yours.
He never was. Suck it up and be a good friend, goddammit.

These were the words Michael told himself as he wiped away his tears and plastered on a fake smile before adjusting his tie and walking out of the bathroom.
No one would have been able to tell the difference between his real and rehearsed smile. Jeremy might've, if he ever looked close enough to see how much he was breaking inside at seeing just how happy Jeremy was with someone that wasn't him.

Of course Michael had made the mistake of falling helplessly for his best friend.
He had been pining for their 12 years of friendship.
Then the year of the Squip incident, when Michael was forced to watch as Jeremy fell for Christine.
God, how he wished he could hate Christine.
Or feel any sort of remorse whatsoever. But he didn't.
She was a kind person, bubbly and bright.
The only thing he hated was that she was with Jeremy...right where he wanted to be.
Michael choked back all of this.
All of the almost confessions.
All of the things he wanted to say but never could.
He choked it back and watched in silence.
And that brings us to today.

"You're up." Rich said to him, nudging his side with a smirk.
Michael nodded and stood up, approaching the podium.
"Congratulations Jeremy and Christine. May you have a happy life together." Michael said smiling fakely.
Jeremy had asked him to be the best man.
He had smiled and agreed.

Be a good friend.

Don't let him see how much it breaks you.