Hopeless

Roman's POV

I can't stand this. Why am I so scared? Was it from the dark? Or what about something else? What about Virgil? Where are the others? Everything seems so hopeless. I sat on the floor trying to makes sense of this place. I remember fighting someone. Did I use to be that brave? Why would I fight someone.

"Roman," I jumped at the slight voice. It sounded like Patton. "Virgil," He called both our names. I looked around, but saw nothing.

"H-here," I stuttered. Why was I stuttering? I was too scared to do anything.

"Roman," It sounded like someone was yelling. "Can you get out?"

"I don't know how, it won't work." I replied. I felt myself start to going shy.

"Are you scared?" A new voice stated. A new voice, another stranger. I couldn't do this. Even though I couldn't see them, it seemed like they were right in front of me.

"Roman? Are you still there?" Patton asked.

"Yes," My voice cracked.

"Logan figured out a way to get you out, but you have to do it." Patton stated.

"Roman, all you have to do is defeat your fears." Logan said. "Can you do that?"

"I...I don't know. It might not work." I remarked. I felt eyes staring at me. It felt like I was being watched.

"Are you confident that you can do it?" Logan asked.

"Usually, but it seems impossible. I'm just confused and worried." I said looking around.

"I suspect that you fear is losing your confidence. Roman, you need to gain your confidence and ego back." Logan sounded like he was all around me. Then I head the laughter. They are laughing at me. I made a mistake. I wasn't good enough. I curled into a corner as the laughter came closer. I couldn't see anyone, but I knew they were there.

"Roman, what's going on?" I head Patton.

"I..I wasn't good enough." I felt like crying. "They..They're laughing...at me"

"Roman stand up to it." Patton instructed. "You are good enough. Stand up and shrug it off."

"I...I can't," I mumbled.

"It's not real. It's just in the room." Logan stated. I slowly looked around. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear it.

"If..If your there...show your face. Let me see who's laughing at me," I quietly yelled. No one showed.

I stood up. "You're...you're not real. It's not true. I am good enough." I yelled into the darkness. The more I said it wasn't true, the more confident I became about believing in myself. The room started getting brighter and the laughter slowly stopped.

I looked around and saw a door. Going up to it, I tried the handle. It was unlocked! I opened the door and saw Patton and Logan.

"I knew you could do it." Patton exclaimed hugging me. I chuckled.

"Do you know where Virgil might be?" Logan asked.

"He was in the room right next to me." I replied.

We all heard someone chuckle behind us.

"Where's Virgil?" Patton hissed.

"Did you really think it would be that easy to find him?" He walked into the shadows.

"What do we do now?" I asked. Patton shrugged.

"We need to come up with a new plan and we have to hurry. We only have three days left to find him." Logan stated.