The Battle

Virgil's POV

I knew something was going to happen when the swords clashed, but I didn't expect this. I stood up from off the floor and looked around. Where am I? This place didn't look like anything I knew. I was big and I couldn't see any walls.

"Want to know where we are?" Meds stated behind me. I quickly turned around and held up the sword that was still in my hand. He just chuckled. "If you destroy me now, you can't ever get back to where everyone else is."

"Where are we?" I hissed. I didn't sound like myself; I also didn't feel like myself.

"The effects of this place are already changing you," He laughed. "Because you are a part of Thomas, you change. Me, however; I don't change at all," I charged at him and raised the sword. He easily dodged it.

"You're going to have to do more than that Virgil ," He chuckled while coming towards me. I held up the sword with barely enough time to block his strike. As the swords hit each other it made both of us fly back.

"Why do you want to get rid of me so badly?" I yelled at him.

"Because, you are what's stopping me from doing what I need to do, what I was created to do in the first place." He responded.

"And what's that?" I asked him. He seemed to get irritated with me. Maybe if I make him mad enough, he'll make a mistake.

"I already told you what it was," He yelled. He started walking towards me. He wasn't scared; he seemed unusually calm. Stopping ten feet in front of me, he smiled.

"What is it that? Because I don't remember," I stated through gritted teeth. I was doing everything I can to control myself.

"Well let me explain something to you," He started walking closer again and I raised the sword.

"STAY BACK!" My voice echoed. He chuckled, but stopped walking.

"When Thomas got sick he took a medication to help him," He stopped and I nodded.

"Ya and?" I waited for him to continue.

"Well, I am that medication, the reason why I am called Meds, even though the sickness is gone I haven't left yet," He gestured to himself

"and why is that? Why aren't you gone?" I wanted to kill him right then and there.

"it never really left his body once he took it. If he took more than he did, than I would've had help. Partners, if you will." I ran towards him with the sword.

"LEAVE US ALONE," I screamed at him. Why was I acting irrationally.

"tsk, tsk," He shook his head and dodged my attack. "If you keep acting without thinking, you might get hurt," I turned around to face him.

"and you won't?" I questioned.

"Why do you think we are here and I'm not gone yet?" He gestured all around me. I looked around and for the first time (in forever) I noticed that it looked like we were in a field. I looked up what I saw looked like a night sky, except it wasn't dark because I could see clearly.

"Some people are has-beens. You are a never-was," He stated. Before I had time to react he grabbed Roman's sword. Except he didn't grab the handle, he grabbed the blade end of it.

I tried and failed to pull it out of his grasp, instead he pulled it out of mine.

"You don't know the full potential this weapon has," I went to get it. He held me back and kept it out of my grasp. "Now, your time is about to end,"

"And why is that?" I asked him.

"I'm going to destroy you," He chuckled. "with this." He held up Roman's sword. I tried to grab it again.

"Nice try, but I'm not that stupid," He put the tip of the sword against my chest, making me freeze where I was. Having no way to defeat myself I stayed as still as I could.

I sighed, "fine, you win." I mumbled. He beamed with pride. I kept my eyes to the ground.

"You have to keep your end of the deal," he remarked.

I nodded. "go ahead and kill me then." I replied to him. His smile grew wider.

"My plan is going to work after all," He said raising Roman's sword. I prepared myself and got ready to feel the blow. I watched as he lowered to sword and I closed my eyes right before it hit me.

.

.

.

.

.

Everything went black.