Intentions

Roman's POV

Virgil seemed surprised that he was gone for three weeks.

"Why are you surprised?" Logan was the first to speak up. Virgil looked at all of us.

"Well I was only gone for a day," Virgil stated. He was gone for a lot longer than that.

"A day?" Patton said. Everyone stared at Virgil. He slowly nodded.

"How does that work?" I asked turning to Logan.

"Could time change depending on where you are?" Patton asked also looking towards Logan. The logical persona walked off mumbling something to himself. We watched him walk off.

"What is he doing?" Virgil was the first to speak up.

"Probably research?" Patton said it more like a question. "Do you need food?" He changed the subject. Virgil nodded and the fatherly persona walked towards the kitchen. I turned to Virgil, he was still very pale. Virge closed his eyes and laid on the couch.

"How did you manage that long?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Hm?" He kept his eyes closed.

"Like without eating anything," I told him.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "I don't know, that last time I ate was right before Meds showed up, and I'm used to going without food for a couple days."

"But you were gone for over three weeks," I told him. He sighed.

"So I've been told," He closed his eyes again.

"Roman, can I talk to you for a minute?" Logan walked into the room. I nodded and followed him into the hall.

"What do you want?" I questioned. He held a notebook in his hand and quickly looked it over.

"It doesn't make sense," He told me.

"What doesn't?" I asked.

"Virgil being gone for as long as he was and him only thinking he was gone for a day," Logan explained to me. "I couldn't find anything about it."

"Nothing?" I questioned.

He nodded. "I'm thinking he was in a different part of the mind. A place where time works differently. But how?"

I shrugged. I was just about as confused about this whole thing as he is.

"I'll have to question Virgil about it later. Right now let's focus on getting him better," I nodded in agreement and we both headed back towards the commons.

"Please eat something," I heard Patton. I walked into the room. Virgil must've agreed because not too long after Patton handed him a bowl with something in it. Most likely soup.

Logan's POV

Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. I couldn't find anything about time difference based on a room. If it exists there has to be a book about it. Right? Then why couldn't I find it? I searched everywhere I could think of, that would contain a book about it. Still nothing.

I walked back. I told Roman everything I found about it, which was nothing. This whole thing doesn't make sense. Both of us walked into the commons to find Virgil eating some soup Patton made him. Shadow was still next to Virgil. That feline seemed to be protecting Virgil. From what? Only time will tell.

Patton's POV

Virgil fell asleep shortly after eating some of the soup. I picked up the bowl. Turning around I saw Logan and Roman. I headed towards the kitchen and noticed Logan following behind me. I put the rest of the soup into a container and set it in the fridge. It was quiet for a moment.

"I'm going to do some more research," Logan mumbled to himself. He walked off still mumbling and I couldn't hear what it was. I washed the now empty bowl.

"Meow," I heard a cat behind me. I turned around and expected to see Shadow. Instead of the all-black feline, I saw a calico cat.

"Where did you come from?" I asked him. The feline stopped and looked around almost as if it was looking for a specific thing. He started walking away then turned and meowed at me.

"You want me to follow you?" I asked him. He meowed in reply and started walking away. I nodded and started following. I didn't follow too closely for fear that my allergies would act up again. It was hard enough get rid of them the first time but the cats are just too cute. I can't help myself.

I followed it towards the hallway unsure where I was heading. I just hope I don't get lost.

Virgil's POV

"Well, if it isn't the disease," I found myself standing in an empty room. How I got here, I had no idea. I looked around looking for the owner of the voice. I knew it was Meds but I didn't know where he was.

"You need to be destroyed," That voice was new. I've never heard it before. "You don't deserve to have all the power. You don't deserve any of it. I deserve it all. I should have it, but I can't. Because of you ." The room felt like it was spinning. What's going on? Who is that other person? What power? I felt myself get dizzy and I fell to the ground.

"See? You can't even stand up," Meds mocked me. I couldn't tell where they were but I could hear the voices.

"If your not a coward show yourself," I said as loud as I could, which was barely above a whisper. I saw a stranger appear not too far away from me.

"Here I am. Is that what you wanted?" He told me. I looked at him as he started walking closer. He had a hoodie that was a dark green and purple.

"Who are you?" I tried to talk. My throat was too sore for me to do much of it though.

"I'm here to replace you," He chuckled. "Why have anxiety, when you could have jealousy instead." I watched as he turned into a cat and started to walk away. He looked like a duplicate of Shadow. The only difference was he was a calico cat and Shadow, like her name, looked like a shadow, all black while he was a mix of colors.

I woke from my dream and opened my eyes.

"You're finally awake," I turned my head toward the voice. Roman was in Meds' grasp, a knife at the throat, held like a hostage. Which I'm sure was the intention.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"Let's make a deal shall we?" He told me. "You for Roman. It's as simple as that."