Sad

Virgil's POV

The cat stayed by my side. It acted almost as if to protect me. From what? I don't know, but I do know that I have to find a way back to the others. I have no idea where I am and I have a pretty good guess that no one else does either. I kept walking towards the trees. One question that kept coming to my mind is. What happened? Why didn't Roman's sword destroy me? Where is Meds? I finally got to the trees and looked back. The field looked beautiful, but it was starting to get dark and I could see that the light that was once in my eyes when I first opened them, was fading. Everything started to look faded and worn down as the sun was going down.

The cat meowed and I looked at her. She rubbed her body against my legs then walked a little distance. Almost as if the cat wanted me to follow her. I looked at her then back at the field. Slightly shaking my head I followed the cat. She ran ahead in the fast growing darkness, but turned and made sure I was following her.

Ten minutes of walking we came to this tunnel. It was now almost completely dark and I could barely see five inches in front of my face. I followed her into the tunnel, but she stopped and looked at me.

"What? Do you not want to go?" I asked the feline. She just quietly meowed and looked longingly into the distance of the pitch black darkness of the tunnel.

"Do you want me to go?" I was talking to her again. She replied with a purr and rubbed her body against my leg.

"Fine," I mumbled and started to walk ahead. The cat staying behind.

Roman's POV

Virgil is still missing. Logan keeps saying he's not completely gone, but as the days go by it's getting harder and harder to believe that. It's been almost three weeks and there's still no sign. None at all. Of Virge or Meds. I just hope Virgil's okay. Patton's not taking this very easily. He hasn't really been out of his room for awhile and when he is, then he smiles and acts likes he's okay. I have been looking everywhere for the emo nightmare, Mostly to keep my mind busy, but also because I can't give up. I am the prince, for crying out loud. I was supposed to protect everyone, but I failed protecting Virgil. We even started getting along more.

"Roman," Logan came up to me. I was in one of the hallways, searching. Again. "we need to talk,"

I looked at him. "About what?" He sighed, not in annoyance, but it sounded more like sadness.

"Patton," He replied. "I do believe that as the days go by he is..."

"Getting worse?" I asked. Logan nodded.

"and it's taking it's toll on Thomas," Logan explained.

About a week after Virgil first went missing we explain everything to Thomas.

**Flashback**

"Thomas, there is something you must know," Logan stated. Thomas was sitting on the couch. He looked at all of us.

"What is it?" He asked standing up. He started getting worried.

We told him everything. That had happened in the past couple weeks. Including the how Meds trapped all of us, how Virgil was effected and the battle that happened between the two.

"So Virgil is just gone?" Thomas asked. He sat on the couch.

"Well not completely or else you wouldn't be aware of your actions. In other words you'd be reckless," Logan explained. Thomas nodded.

"Do you think he'll come back, or are you trying to look for him?" He questioned.

"We looked everywhere for him," Patton sighed.

"He may just come back, but Meds is also with him." I told Thomas.

"There's nothing we can do at the moment, but we are doing everything we can to figure out where they went. So far it's unsuccessful." Logan remarked.

"Let's hope he comes back." came Thomas' reply. "and please keep me updated." We all nodded and sank down.

**End of Flashback**

"What do you mean? How is it effecting Thomas?" I asked him.

"You haven't seen him for awhile. He told us to keep him updated on the news. I went yesterday and he was a mess," Logan explained. I waited for him to continue. "he hasn't been getting very much sleep or food. His house is becoming messier by the day, and he doesn't answer his phone when his friends call. I asked him why and he said he just feels sad."

"Do you think it's Patton's fault?" I asked. "After all Patton is Thomas' heart and Patton hasn't been in the usual happy mood."

"It is a possibility, but I don't know for sure so I wouldn't say anything," Logan replied. I nodded. Patton would feel really bad if he knew how much he was effecting Thomas.

This chapter took longer than I expected. I am going to make the story longer (since MOST of you wanted me too.)

Also sorry in advanced if I don't update for a while. I have finals at school. One tomorrow and some next week. I will still try and work on it as much as I can though.

Have a wonderful Day/Night.