Determination

Virgil's POV

I couldn't move. It was harder and harder to do anything, even breath. I already couldn't talk. I just wanted this pain to end. I laid on the floor not really doing anything.

"Hey Virgil," I heard his voice. I didn't do anything. "I was wondering." He continued. I still didn't do anything. "You know where something is that I need." I kept my eyes closed. I didn't want to deal with it, but I knew exactly what he was talking about. One thing that he could destroy that will get rid of him. I needed to get it, but it would be extremely difficult to get it in the condition I'm in.

"Where is it?" He asked me. Even if I wanted to tell him, I couldn't anyway. "I know that you know what I'm talking about," His voice started getting closer and I knew he was coming closer towards me. I stayed how I was, curled up on my side on the floor.

"I forgot. You can't talk ," He whispered. I felt his breath directly over my ear. Just go away I wanted to tell him.

"You know, the next thing that leaves will be your hearing." He told me. His voice farther away indicating that he stood up. "Then you'll be even more worthless than you already are."

I slightly clenched my fists. "And should I tell you something else? No one is going to come looking for you. You want to know why?" He paused.

"Well, I'll tell you why. Everyone already thinks I'm you. They don't know the difference. Which also means that no one is going to come looking for you. NO ONE." He stopped again. I just wanted this to end. I wanted him to go away.

"And one more thing. As soon as I find what I need I'm going to destroy you. You and everyone else." He walked away laughing. Leaving me alone with my thoughts. Will he destroy the others if he can't find it? I need to get out of here and get it first. If I had it all my strength would come back. And I'm running out of time. Not because he's looking for it, but because this room I'm in. I must do everything I can to get out of here to protect the others, especially because he's shapeshifted to look like me.

With my newfound determination I slowly sat up and looked around. The room was still dark and I couldn't do anything. They don't want you. They don't need you. The room echoed with my negative thoughts. I covered my ears, but the voices only got louder. You are unwanted. Unworthy. UNLOVED. The last word sounded like it was shouted and I tried to yell at it to stop, but my voice wasn't there. I wanted to curl in on myself but one word kept me from that. Protect.

Roman's POV

I don't know what Logan is thinking. Virgil seems perfecting fine to me. He has the same mopey dopey attitude.

But that is what makes Virgil; Virgil. It's what his personality is. He aims to protect Thomas and sometimes that makes arguments between him and all of us. I pulled out my sword, something I do whenever I have a lot to think about. Practice makes perfect. My sword is special to me. It's something I've always have had. Heck, I've had it for so long that I don't even know where exactly I got it from. It was just always there. Of course over the years, I've learned to use it and it has helped me a lot. Defeating the dragon witch is one of the many things I've conquered with this sword by my side. Now that I think about it, I wonder if Logan knows where I got it from. Maybe I'll ask him. Putting it in a makeshift hilt I went to find Logan.

I checked in his room, but found he wasn't there, maybe the library. That nerd is always up to some kind of research. I walked into the said room and as I suspected he was there. His nose in a book as always mumbling away to himself at something; His face expression changes with everything he finds interesting or weird.

"Logan?" He looked up from the book he was currently reading. I couldn't see the title of it, but he quickly covered the pages as he set the book down still open.

"May I be of some assistance Roman?" He asked me. I nodded and looked at me sword. "and what might that be?" He asked again also looking at my sword.

"I was wondering if you remember how or when I got this?" I pointed to the sword. Logan looked at it for a minute, then looked puzzled.

"I can't say that I do, it's just always been something that was just...there." He told me.

"Alright, maybe Patton knows," I mumbled.

"What's with the keen interest of finding the origins of your katana?" Logan inquisitively asked. I shrugged.

"This is no katana, but I don't know really. I pulled it out and just started wondering where exactly I got it or how I got it." I explained. He nodded and I walked away to find Patton.

"Patton," I knocked on his bedroom door. He opened it smiling.

"Anything I can help you with?" He asked. I nodded and pulled out my sword.

"Do you remember where I got this from?" I asked him.

"Well that's not my story to tell kiddo," He told me. "You going to have to ask-"

He got cut off by Logan calling both of our names.