Chapter 11 - Your dad sucks.

I was sitting on the floor opposite Heath and we were playing monopoly. We decided we'd do that. I was winning and he was pouting. I couldn't help but think about how adorable he was. I couldn't help thinking about that kiss we shared.

We hadn't spoken about it since then though. I didn't even mind. Not that the kiss was bad.. it was far from it. I just didn't want to bring up the fact that I'd told him to kiss me. I was so bold about it.

"Boom baby!" he exclaimed, looking happy. "Finally! I'm the king of the world!" he said, holding both his fists in the air. You have to believe me when I say I almost died. It was funny and truly adorable.

"Are you happy now?" I asked in between laughter. He nodded energetically.

"I sure am." he said, smiling.

Suddenly, my door opened up revealing Scott and Allan.

"Dude, the storm is over now." Allan sang.

"Yeah. We were just watching the news. The reporter said that its safe to go out doors now." Scott said.

The news somehow disappointed me. But, hey? What was I expecting? For him to move in?

Heath stood up and looked down at me. "I guess it's time to go now. But thanks for letting us stay. It was really fun and worth it." he winked, which caused me to blush.

"Anytime, dudes. Be safe on the way home now. I'll see you guys later." I smiled at them all.

"See you at school." Heath said then with that they all left. I smiled and shook my head. Those boys are trouble.

✌ ✌ ✌

I looked down at my tennis to make sure they were tied so I wouldn't be sandwich-ing the ground. Looking in the mirror to make sure my hair was in the right order, I realized it wasn't. My ponytail was slackening. I pulled the elastic out of my hair and grabbed all the strands I could contain and pulled it tightly together to place the band back around.

I'm going for a run. I know what you're thinking. The storm just blew over and you're going to take a run?

Well, the storm had been over for about five hours now and it cleared up pretty well. It didn't do that much damage. It was about six and dark is definitely falling. But, my neighborhood is quite quiet and safe. I trust it.

I pulled my door shut and locked it. The keys jiggled from beside me as it was attached to my running shorts. I did a couple of stretches and I started my evening jog.

As I started to run around the neighborhood, I noticed how beautiful and peaceful it actually was. I've been living here for about .. five years and I've never really been outside. I just knew the neighbors were very kind, welcoming and loyal. This is a rare neighborhood. I loved it.

I made a stop and did a few jumping jacks, push ups and sit ups. Of course, they were done in a clean looking grassland area near by. I hadn't exercised in forever. I remember I'd work out maybe everyday if I got the chance. Working out was a mandatory thing for me. I have to start that up again.

I started making my way back towards my house about thirty minutes later. I was running fast, testing myself.

However, as fast as I was going.. the sudden sight before me had me stopping dead in my tracks.

Before me, on a bench lie two boys. One obviously younger than the next.. as he was wrapped up protectively by the older. He was lying on the older one's chest. It looked as though they were both sound asleep. What the actual hell?