Chapter 34 - Talk about exhausted.

Recap ~

Helix nodded violently. "Okay. I'll listen. But are you okay?" he asked, his cute voice was laced with concern.

"I'm fine, H." I assured him, pinching his cheeks. He grabbed my hand and started dragging me.

"Good. I think the ice cream is melting at home." he said.

"Helix!" everyone chastised in unison, making me laugh.

"Oops?" he offered, looking so innocently cute.

Chapter 34 - Talk about exhausted.

I was laughing by the time I got outside. Everyone was giving Helix a hard time because he ruined the "surprise". To be honest, call me slow, but if they didn't say that he ruined the surprise, I wouldn't have known they planned something for me. I just thought they wanted to keep it a secret that they bought me ice cream.

"Leave Helix alone." I grinned, grabbing his hand lightly. I didn't want to hurt the bruise that sat carelessly on my hand. He held it back gently. Such a sweetie.

If Helix was Heath age, I would've left Heath alone long time.. okay, so maybe not because I'm just hooked on him for some odd reason. It's like he is my drug and I need him; I do not want to get rid of him.

Having Heath as a drug is pretty frustrating, yet it's cool. Simply because you need him, you crave him, you don't want to get rid of him. It's like he intentionally lures you in and when he catches you, he poisons you with his charm and you're just addicted after that.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, Allan said something. I blinked about three times before I saw everyone staring at me with amused looks on their faces.

"Are you back?" Allan teased.

I felt my cheeks heating up. "No. I'm front." I retorted, sliding inside of the car as he held the door open for me. I was obviously riding with Allan.

The car ride home was a very funny one. Allan and Sheer kept jumping down each other's throats and making fun of one another. Sheer kept telling me how much she missed me and how everyone came to visit me everyday since the accident. It really touched my heart. It also made me smile to find out that Heath cried. I didn't like the idea of him crying, of course. But knowing he cared just made my heart utterly happy. That's one fact I just cannot deny.

Finally, we pulled through the gates of my home and Allan parked in his regular spot. Everyone's been here so much, they literally have a parking spot. It's like they practically lived here and I loved the fact.

I got out of the car slowly and balanced myself. Mom was exiting Heath's jeep when she saw me and waved me over. When I got close enough, she took my hand and pulled us back so we were ways behind the rest of the crew. I gave her a questioning look and she smiled sadly.

"Honey, I am terribly sorry for overreacting with the situation with Chris. It was very unfair of me." she said. My eyes widened. She's apologizing.