Chapter 29 - Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. Oh, did I say pathetic?

I felt something tickling my legs. I resisted the urge to squirm and kept my eyes closed. However, the sun seemed to have other plans and it actually was extra bright today. I groaned and shifted, but I froze as soon as I felt another body. I cracked my eyes open and nearly screamed.

"Heath!" I exclaimed. "What the hell are you doing in my bed?!" I asked. I didn't remember him coming into my room last night. Better yet, I, myself didn't remember entering my own room. I sat up and looked around, then all the memories of last night sunk in and a blush crept along my cheeks.

"Now do you realize that one, you're not in your room and two we're still at the beach?" His voice was husky and sleepy.

"We actually fell asleep out here?" I asked in disbelief.

He nodded, his fingers still making soothing circles on my thigh. My eyes flickered to his fingers and back up to his face to see him smirking.

"You like that.." he said. He didn't even ask, he told me. And to be honest, he was right.

I bit my lip nervously and nodded. His eyes flickered to my lips and I had a look of horror on my face.

This dude is not about to kiss me when we just woke up!

I turned away from him. "We should go home." I said, whipping out my phone. My eyes popped out of my head when I saw all the messages I'd received from last night to this morning. "We have to go!" I exclaimed, getting up. "Everyone's worried." I threw over my shoulder as I scurried to his jeep.

I was sitting in the jeep, watching the trees zoom past us when my phone vibrated in my lap. I grabbed and unlocked it and went straight for my messages.

"I didn't see you last night. I was kind of hoping to. Is everything okay?" - Emmed.

I sighed and stared at the message. How am I suppose to tell him I didn't come to his party because I was too busy making out with someone else? This just goes to show I'm willing to do whatever for Heath.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Heath asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sure." I snorted. I noticed his hands tightening around the wheel.

"You're not serious, are you?" he asked, sounding upset.

I turned my body so I was completely facing him. I was seriously getting sick and tired of this crap. "Yeah. I'm dead serious." I deadpanned.

"Why are you with him?" he sneered.

Because you're not with me! "Because I want to be." I lied.

"I don't like it."

"I don't care. You have no say in what I do or who I date, so I couldn't care less." I said.

"Why don't I? If I don't like him for you then I don't like him for you."

"Why don't you like him for me? I need a legitimate reason."

"I just don't, okay?"

"I don't get you, you know? It's so freaking frustrating to deal with you! I mean, one minute you're all happy and goofy and what's not and flirting.. then the next you don't even want to look at me. But not anymore, Heath Cullen. Not another day will go by where you treat me like some rag doll! Just forget I ever had feelings for you!" I spat, feeling the anger boil. My stomach was churning in anger, I was so angry.. it was painful! He was quiet. He didn't say anything. But in my peripheral vision I could see him clenching and unclenching his jaw and tightening his hands around the wheel. I wanted to snip his fingers off, for God's sake! He was so frustrating.