~ 67 ~

Kaylee's POV

I sat up, the sun burning my legs through the thin silk of my bed.

Yes, my bed.

Well, for now.

My right hand lazily lifted itself and touched my stomach, cradling the unborn baby, a habit I'd developed over the past couple days.

I hadn't had much time to think about my baby, and the weeks to come before I'll be holding the little angel, let alone it's name!

But I guess those are the prices of not being with the father; never even thinking ahead.

"Morning sunshine!" Came a light and cheery voice as the bedroom door swung open, revealing a readily dressed Pattie, flawless as usual in her pink dress. "You have got a lot of explaining to do."

I sat up straight in record time for someone who'd woken up a few seconds ago, and I only muffled a surprised sound as I tried to lay back down on my bed.

"No, no, no!" Pattie squealed, ripping the covers back off and yelping at the sight of me. "How many months?"

"Nine." I groaned, sitting up and getting off the bed, flipping my hair behind my back. "I'm due for a checkup this week."

"Yes, to hell you are!" Came my reply, my hands being whisked into Pattie's small, warm ones. "Whose is it?"

I bit my lip and gazed at Pattie's large blue eyes.

She'd never failed to keep a secret, or at least she seemed like it, so I just trusted my gut.

"Well, for starters, it isn't Jimmy Page's, no matter what everyone says."

"Then who- It's John's?"

Crinkling my nose, I nodded.

"You're joking! Oh, I can never look Cynthia in the eyes again! Honey," She admitted, sitting down next to me on my bed. "You might want to fancy yourself up. Dinner last night was cancelled since we'd gotten home so late-"

"Pattie, I know."

"Yes, but. They've all come over for breakfast."

===

I pulled the frilly blue dress over my head and looked into the long, bedroom mirror.

"That really brings out your eyes," Gushed Pattie, and I was glad she had stayed - I wouldn't have noticed that feature in all my life.

"Thanks. I look disgusting."

"No! You're glowing! Honestly, look."

Sticking out my tongue at my reflection, I tried to make sense of what I was seeing.

The dress, knee height, was all-around navy blue, the hems laced with white frills, as was the colour.

Pattie had whisked my hair into some effortless looking hairstyle, when really, it took her ages to fix the braid nicely as it curled around.

"You're gorgeous, and I've heard women say all the time how they feel ugly when pregnant. It's because they don't get to see what- what we get to see!"

I contemplated this, and instead of a low self-esteemed answer, I simply sighed.

"This is way too much for a breakfast, Pattie." I groaned, turning to take off the dress, but she stopped me.

"This isn't just a breakfast anymore," She objected, stopping my hands.

I tilted my head, questioning the excited model before me.

"It's not? What, is it like a party, now?"

"No, no, no," Pattie giggled, then gave me a serious look. "If you want to get John back before he becomes serious with Cynthia, now's the time."