Chapter five- Change of plans

Claire Redfield tribute (Video ain't mine and so is the character)☝☝☝

Claire's POV

"Shit! They are heading this way!" Chris yelled as he was the last one to get back inside, his body pressed against the wooden door as he tried to shut it. The growls of hunger came from the zombies who tried to tear the door down.

"That's because he led them to us!" I hissed as I eyed Daniel while I held Zara close to me. I sounded a bit selfish but would have prefer if Chris and Jill had left him behind.

"I led them here?! They were already here!" Daniel stated as he tried to defend himself.

"Yes but they didn't know someone was indoors until you showed up and cried like a bitch" I fumed.

"Claire that's enough!" Chris stated apparently not liking what I said but it was true. He brought those monsters to dinner. He led them right to us.

"Don't you think we would have a better chance running?" Jill asked asked she helped Chris to secure the door.

"There's too many of them Jill and we have a child in our company" Christopher told her and I was quite on Jill's side.

"This house isn't stable enough to keep them out either" I stated as I placed my gun to my hip. I gaze Zara a soft smile in order to eliminate the fear in her eyes.

"But The-" there was a huge push on the door, the lock near falling off. Our eyes widened, Sara being placed behind me.

"Well?" Jill asked apparently knowing the tune she sang was reality. Chris gave her a look of disapproval because in his eyes she was bragging.

"Take my jeep and get out of here...I'll call you so I won't be far behind you either" he stated and Jill's eyes widened.

Had my brother lost his mind?

"I'm not leaving you!" She cried in protest and Daniel was busy searching for a weapon, not sparing a fuck about what was going on.

Selfish as I remembered him.

"Jill this is not the time to argue...we are..." Before Chris could finish she threw the Jeep's keys to me, her eyes fixed on Chris. The zombies pushed again jerking Chris slightly.

"I. Am. Not. Leaving. You...you will always be my partner. Partners don't leave each other behind" she stated clearly and Chris stared at her in silence.

Moments later he nod then turned his gaze to me. I was near to tears but I understood.

"Claire" he stated as he nod.

"Christopher" I stated as I returned the gesture.

"We'll be right behind you..." Jill assured me and I gave a sad smile as I removed my gun.

"Let's go" I stated as I held Zara's hand as we took the back door. I kicked the door down, Daniel eyeing me the moment my legs came down. My shoe was still intact and so was my leg.

There were only a few zombies back this side so we were fast enough to get to the jeep. I waited however and to  our luck Jill and Chris were on time. However a thick crowd of zombies were behind them.

"Chris! Jill! Hurry!" I yelled as I shot as much zombies I could and in no time they were in the jeep. I drove off in a rough speed, a moment longer and these monsters might turn the vehicle over.

"I'm out of amo" I told Chris as I threw the gun to him.

"I always have amo Claire..." Chris stated and the sound of him reloading the gun fill my ear.