Chapter Six- Walls have eyes, doors have ears

Chris Redfield

Claire's POV

Leon cleared his throat and looked to me with his face void as usual. Sometimes I really wondered if he was capable of showing any emotions.

"I'll be in the room opposite of Zara's if you need me" he stated and I nodded. Just great, he was leaving me with this crackhead.

As soon as he was out of ear shot I gave Daniel a fiery glare. I crossed my arms as I stared at the man who once had a space in my heart.

"Okay asshole...Spill" I urged  hoping that he would not have me wasting my time by listening to him. Trying to be strong was so hard because staring at him reminded me of how my heart was broken.

"Are you still..." He didn't get to finish his query.

"Mad at you? Why would I be? You cheated on me so it's excellent you did. No Daniel I'm not mad at you at all" I hissed sarcastically before issuing a fake smile.

"Claire I never meant for any of this...you know I love you" he defended and I faked extreme shock.

Cheating was by accident? Like did he ran into that girl and that's how the accident occurred? I hated when people lied and used the word accident. Cheating of all things was no accident.

"Oh so it was an accident Daniel? A head on collision?" I retort and he sighed.

"Claire..." He begged and I rolled my eyes. Why is it men are always like this? My love life resembled Raccoon city in more ways than one.

"Like honestly Daniel, am I that easy to you? You cheat on me and I run back to you. Is that what this is? You have done it before and I forgave you but now, no, hell no at that. Keep the girl you crept around with. I'm done" I hissed and when I felt a hand grip my arm while I was in the process of walking off, I looked to Daniel.

"Mistakes happen and she is dead by the way" he insisted. Yes they did and he was my mistake.

"Daniel I saw the receipts... I saw the evidence of the places you took her...places you used to take me...I can just picture the things you did with her" I broke at that point, my voice cracked with each word.

He kissed me, his hands pinning my arms above my head as he deepened the kiss. Well that's until I broke it.

"Daniel release, me we are done!" I stated but he would not let me go. In fact he held me tighter.

"I know you don't meant any of this..." He tried as he tried to kiss me again but I was swift enough to move away.

"I'm quite sure no means you don't continue with a previous action" came another voice and we both turn to face Chris.

Daniel released me with his eyes glued to Chris who returned his heavy stare.

"Who are you ...this is between Claire and I" he dare say and my brother's eyes widened.

Bad move...

He collared Daniel, his fuse balled as he stared at the smaller male.

"I'm her brother and long as we are sticking together for survival you will stay the hell away from her" Chris hissed as he released Daniel with a harsh push.

Daniel remained silent. Maybe it was Chris attire that drove fear into him, maybe his voice or even the very fact Chris always had his gun strapped to him.

Daniel left the room and Chris turned his gaze towards me. In this moment I saw my six year old self with saturated eyes. Maybe years ago I would not have been ashamed to cry in front of my older brother but now I was.

I was ashamed to appear weak after all that I had been through.

"Claire..." He started but I cut him off quickly.

"Chris don't..." I begged as I knew he was going to lecture me. I did not want to be lectured. I wanted to be anywhere but here.

"No, sit down." he stated strictly and in no time I sat, staring up at my brother thought my lashes.

He sat next to me on the torn sofa, taking a deep breath before he spoke. I kept my eyes on the bullet holes in the wall. How did I find this place to be a bit more secure again?

"Okay what happened Claire and I want you to tell me everything. The years that separated us does not mean I am no longer your brother" he stated and I sighed.

"Never had I said that Christopher, I just choose not to talk about it. Please don't make me talk about it" I begged as my throat tightened. However he was persistent.

"You are going to talk about it Claire and you know why? I care about you" he stated as he leaned close, looking at me attentively.

"It makes no sense I speak of a cheater Chris. I was living a lie and I've learnt and moved on..." I stated and Chris surprised me when he took a different approach.

"So I can assume the break up was recent?" He state and I nodded.

"And he cheated on you?" He continued.

"Don't get me wrong Chris everything started out perfect. However during the fifth month of our relationship I've noticed his changes in behavior and then evidences of him cheating showed up slowly. The receipts of restaurant reservations, hotel bookings among other things Chris. Whenever we argued he would get aggressive"  I stated as I ran my fingers throughout my red hair.

"He hit you?!" Chris asked or fumed rather as he stood. I held his arm.

"No, we only argued" I clarified and Chris slowly sat.

"You can always talk to me Claire I just want you to know that" he told me. I faked a smile drying my eyes in the process.

"I feel like six again but thank you Christopher. I'll always have your shoulder to cry on" I teased as I hugged him. He tightened his arm around me protectively.

"Never you forget that little sis" he continued as he broke the embrace and gave me his jacket.

"Get some sleep" he insisted as he kissed my forehead and I headed for my room immediately.

Aww...Isn't that cute guys? Well I wanted to update earlier but didn't get the time to. My sincerest apologies but I managed.

Until the next chapter please vote and comment 😊😊😊