Chapter 4: The Talk

-Jacks POV-

I sat on his bed. His room smelled like him. He grabbed the chair that was in front of his PC. He sat on it, facing me.

"So. What's your backstory?" I asked. He looked at me, then to the wall behind me.

"My father, mom, and I, we all moved into this neighborhood when I was really young." I looked at the pictures on his wall. He reached over me, and pointed to one. He then joined me on his bed. He took the picture off the wall, and showed me. It was him and his dad, sitting on a fallen tree in some woods. I smiled, but saw he wasn't, then stopped. He looked at it. "But, last year he died. He died because of Cancer. So, my mom and I had to move here. She didn't want the memory of him haunting me. So, I've been here for about a year. My mom sometimes works at night, so we won't see her as much. So, I'm home alone a lot." He looked down. I looked down, and saw his hand. It looked lonely.

I felt a chill go up my spine. Mark looked up. "Just a little cold." He smiled, and got up. I watched his hand move away from mine slowly, and felt like I was alone.

"I'm going to go get my jacket, too. I'll be back." He walked out of the room. I got up after about a minute, and walked over to his wall. I looked at some art either he or someone else made. One caught my eye.

'Here, Mark! I heard you talking about wanting someone to draw you, so I did! I hope you like it!! ❤❤'

I could feel hate burn in my throat. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, but it slipped out of my hand. I walked over to the door, where it was, and began to grab my phone. I could hear footsteps, and picked my phone up. I stood up, and had no idea Mark was turned around. I stood up straight, and felt him turn his head. My chest was almost perfectly aligned with his. I felt his breath on my ear.

"Look up." I heard him say. I covered my face. He uncovered it, and tilted my head up. "Don't cover up something so lovely." My face felt like someone just put lava all over it. I could feel myself beaming. He smiled.

"I have something for you." I felt puzzled. I obviously looked puzzled, to. How I know, he laughed. "Just, go sit on the bed." I had only known him for about a week.

I sat on his bed, and he joined me. He grabbed his big jacket. It was the jacket we had first met in. He wore a different one other than that one day we met, but this was the one when I first saw his chocolate brown eyes. I touched my arm. He pit the jacket on, and reached into his pocket.

"I, I wasn't sure if you liked concerts, but when we first met, like met met-I noticed your TØP shirt. So, here." He handed me a ticket to a TØP concert. I felt my heart skip...and skip...like a scratched movie. I kept my head down. "Jack?" I heard him say.

-Mark's POV-

I handed him the ticket. I saw him look down. I wasn't sure if he liked it or not. "Jack?" I asked, concerned. I heard what I thought was crying. I put my hand on his back. He looked up, and he was laughing. His face looked like a kid had just gotten the birthday gift he always wanted early for his birthday. He beamed and beamed. I laughed.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" He said. We both got up, and he hugged me. I put my arms around his tiny, frail body. I felt like if I held to tight, I would break him in half, but I wanted to hold him for hours. I could if I really wanted to.

Which I do. He began pulling away, and I felt alone. I looked at him, but not normally. His arms were still around my neck. I looked at his arm, and saw something rather odd. He followed my eyes, and covered it up.

"What was that?" I asked.

-Jack's POV-

I wrapped my arms around his big, muscular body. I could feel his nose in my hair, when I realized we had been hugging for over a minute. I pulled away, but kept my hands around his neck. I looked at his chest, and realised he was wearing a see-through tanktop. I began blushing when I saw his abs. I looked up, about to ask if he was going to impress anyone with them, but realised he had his worried look. I followed his gaze to where he was looking.