Chapter 23: Am I Just Your Boy Toy?

[Marks POV]

I walked into my room, and saw Jack was laying down. I walked over to him, and sat down by him. He was balled up. I started playing with his hair. Running my hands through it.

"Why do you love me?"

"Is that even a question? A sentence?" He sat up and looked at me.

"I'm being serious. I want to know why. Is it because I'm small? Meek? Easy target? A whore? Do you just want to fuck me? Am I a toy? Your sick boy toy?" I stared at him, shocked.

"Jack, you know I love you. Why would I have proposed to you if I didn't love you?" He looked at me, then to his hand. "I would never lie to you." I went in to hug him, but he pushed me off him slightly. I backed up.

"I think we need a break." Tears brimmed my eyelids. "We just need to take a break for a little. Keep the ring in your wallet. Give it to someone that deserves you." He took it off. He hands it to me, then left the room.

I followed him to the living room. He took his car keys, and left. I fell to my knees. He was gone.

He was really gone.

I broke apart, crying. I lost the love of my life. And, our child is coming in eight months. What'll happen?

[Jack's POV]

I know I shouldn't have listened to Felix. He was drunk. But I needed a break. I love him with all my heart. And I want to be with him, but people break apart after time. A break isn't forever.

I got into my car, and didn't leave for a while. I just sat in the car, crying. I don't want to, but we have to. It's how humans work. It's how we work. I whiped away every tear. But three more came every time one fell. I looked to my left, and saw Mark. But it wasn't really him. It was just a memory. Is this what it's like to be broken? You just start seeing things? I looked at Mark. He was smiling.

"Be careful on your first day, babe. It can be hard, but just know, if you ever need help, call or text. You'll get through this. You can be strong." More tears flowed from me. They wouldn't stop. It's like when a dam breaks. The water just spills out for what seems like forever. I looked back up, and the happy Mark was gone. It was Mark, though. The now Mark.

"Mark-" he was crying. I've never actually seen him cry. Other than once. But he's good at hiding tears. Tears were falling from his eyes, more than when I was.

"Jack, I know this is your choice. You have a right to speak. And if you think we should go on a break, then we can. But just know, I love you. I love you so much. I can't think about a better person than you." He kissed the top of my head. I stood there, staring. He backed up. I drove away from the house. I didn't look back except for once. But when I looked back, I saw what I never expected to see.

Mark was smiling. Did he want me to leave? I shook off the thought and went back to my dad's house.

[One week later]

I walked over to the hats. Maybe a beenie wouldn't hurt. I picked up a black and white one. I turned to Jasmine. I flashed my, "I'm so fucking fabulous!" face at her. She laughed histarically. I laughed with her.

"I think we'll take this one." I said, taking off the beenie. I looked at the other beenies, making sure I don't want to get a different one. I caught something in the mirror from the corner I my eye. I turned around me, and didn't see anything.

"What's wrong?" Jasmine asked.

"Nothing. Just thought I saw someone."

"Mark?" I stiffened. "Jack, just call him. Text him. Say something."