Chapter 8: Before I Met You

(Ignore the fact that the picture above spent look like Mark or the girl in the pictures down below, I couldn't find any other pictures like that.)

-Marks POV-

I woke up but kept my eyes closed. I listened to the rustling next to me, then remembered Jack had fallen asleep on me. I smiled then opened my eyes. It looked like he was still asleep, so I didn't bother wake him. I looked at him, but his face was covered. I realised it was noon, then tried to shake him awake, but he didn't wake up.

I began to worry and shook him a little harder. I then decided I would move him so I could see if he was okay. I turned him over and was starring at a skull. I screamed.

"Then I woke up." I had been talking to Jack for an hour. He wanted me to tell him what happened in my dream because I woke up screaming. Three different doctors came in after I screamed, but I didn't mind. As long as Jack was here.

"That's fuckin' crazy. I just had a dream about Jason rotting in jail. Nothing exciting. We got to watch him die, but I felt a little bad in my dream. I wouldn't smile. Then I was a Minecraft character and ate a Creeper. I named him Creeper Steve before doing that." I laughed at his dream.

"Just proves you're wierd." I said, punching his arm lightly.

"I guess." He took a sip from the cup he was holding. I kept looking at him as he looked out the window. I laughed a little, then he looked at me. "What's so funny?" He asked me.

"Nothings funny."

"Then what's cute?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

"You." His face became a light red. "You're fucking adorable!" I said. He laughed then looked at me with a serious face.

"You're kidding." He said, joking.

"No. That..." I looked around the room. "That chair with a butt mark on it is adorable."

"Hey. That's my arse mark." He laughed. "I mean, I never left the hospitle after you were shot." I grabbed his hand.

"How much sleep did you get?" He shook his head.

"That doesn't matter. I was too scared to sleep...scared You wouldn't wake up. Whenever I woke up, you were asleep. I thought the last time I would get to see you was while you were being lowered into a hole in the dirt after three days. Then the day after I finally got some sleep. But I didn't get much, because I kept having nightmares and I was just scared you were going to die. I wouldn't let myself believe that...but I did. No matter what I told myself." I kept looking at Jack. He looked up from the ground, and looked out the window.

"Jack," I grabbed his hand. "I had no idea you went through that for me."

"You aren't mad, are you?" Jack asked.

"No. I'm flattered." He smiled at me.

"That's good to know." I smiled, and kept my hand resting on his. He didn't move.

"Jack, I just have to-" I heard a knock on the door. I looked up, and Jack looked behind him at the person at the door. I removed my hand. I saw Jack look at his hand as of he was offended.

"Good to see you, Mark Fishbach." I nodded my head. The woman walked towards me.

-Jacks POV-

I heard a knock, then looked at the women that was now standing at the door. I felt his hand slip off mine fast. I looked at him, confused.

"Good to see you, Mark Fishbach." Mark nodded at the women. She looked aboit 20 or so. "Who's this?" She asked, obviously meaning me.

"Jack. My..." I could feel my heart beat faster than lightning struck. "Very close friend. How can I help you? You obviously weren't here to talk about Jack." He leaned back in his chair.