Chapter 24: We Have a WHAT?!

[Jacks POV]

I turned away to leave him alone. Probably what he wants. I'll just take the bus home. I was about to walk out of the parking lot when a hand grabbed mine. I stopped walking.

"Jack." His voice sent chills up my spine, and made my heart beat fast. I still love him. I always have. And while we weren't talking, I was dying inside. I wanted to call him, text him, meet up with him, but I wasn't sure on how to talk to him. "Jack, the way your hair moves with the wind, dancing with it's every swish. The way your eyes glisten in a light, reminding me of how many stories you have locked inside. Your hips, perfect for grabbing a hold of and pulling you into a kiss that I could hold forever. Your body, warm and welcoming. Your arms, perfect so I can hug you anytime. Everything about you is perfect. You are my perfect Jack. At least, you used to be. Jack, I-" I interrupted his words by pulling him into a kiss. He didn't pull away. He kissed me back. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. We slowly pulled away. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you, too." He said. He picked me up, bridal style, and put me in the car. He drove us home. We were in the car, hand in hand. As soon as we got home, we walked together inside and to our room.

We fell on to the bed. It felt so happy to be by him again. I looked at him, smirking.

"What's that face for?" He asked.

"Don't act like you don't know." I said. He pulled me on to him.

[Time Skip, Several years later [ages: 21]]

I woke up alone in my bed. I pulled on some shorts and a shirt. I went to the kitchen. I saw Mark at the table. I walked over to him and rested my head on his head, my arms drooping off his shoulders, the help of my elbows keeping them up. He was on his phone.

"Hey baby." I said.

"You're awake. That's good." It had been a month since we got back together. I had been sleeping in for the past week.

"Yeah. Well, I had a good dream."

"What was it about?"

"You and I," I moved my head over to his shoulder so I could see his face. "And we were cuddling in bed," he looked at me. "Then Slender came and ate our closet door." He let out a long laugh. I laughed with him.

"Well, I dreamt about us waking up on a morning just like this and loving our pet dog and kids."

"But, we don't have any of those because Jasmine miscarried." Jasmine had miscarried our first kid. She decided in July, she would carry our kid for free. We accepted since we really wanted kids.

"Do we?" He looked at me. I looked back, puzzled. He smiled and put his phone down, grabbing my hand. He lightly pulled me to the living room. My heart felt like exploding.

A big dog came up to me, and jumped around me. I laughed and dropped to my knees, petting her. The dog jumped all over me, licking my face and arms. I looked at Mark, slowly calming them down. They stopped moving around and sat up by me as I pet her.

"When did you get us a dog?" I asked, petting them. I leaned down and kissed their head.

"Well, one morning when you were sleeping, I went to the PetCo just around the corner."

"How long ago what that?"

"Like a week ago. She wasn't fully ready to go yet, so I let her stay for a few extra days. She isn't spayed, though." They offered, but I declined. I didn't want her to go through any pain." He joined me on the floor. I leaned over and kissed him. "What was that for?"