Chapter 22: His Last Night Here

[Jacks POV]

I got up off the floor and went into the kitchen. I had a bag of cookies somewhere. I opened the cupboard, and walked out of the kitchen with the whole bag.

Mark came into the living room.

"Hey, baby." I said.

"I'm going to the store for a minute. I'll be back soon." He came over, kissing my lips, slowly pulling off. I smiled. "You taste like cookies." I showed him the bag. "Ah."

"Okay. Try to hurry. I don't want anyone trying to take you while I'm not there." He smiled. He left and I went back to eating cookies.

Felix came out of the kitchen.

"Hey, Felix. Cookie?" I extended my hand out to him, and he took the cookie.

"Thanks." He said. I smiled. "Ryan said his ex started talking to him. So, we might not work out."

"Oh. Sorry to hear that, buddy." I frowned and took a bite of my cookie.

"Want to go do something?" He asked.

"Sure. I'll text Mark. Where do you want to go?"

"Down to a drive-in or maybe the cliff for a little?"

"I don't really like the cliff...and the drive-in is normally where people go to make out. But, sure."

Hey babe, Felix and I are going to the drive-in. Just thought I should tell you.

Does either of you even have a car?

Didn't mom give you another car for a REALLY early wedding present?

I think. Well, have fun. But if he trys to pull anything funny, you HAVE to tell me and leave.

I know Felix. He wouldn't do anything funny.

I don't know...he looks at you kind ...you know. How you look at me every now and then.

Don't worry. I wont let him. My ass is yours.

Okay. Have fun. But I'm still not sure.

Okay Mr. Overprotective.

I'd rather be overprotective rather underprotective.

Anyway. Love you babe. We'll see you later.

L

ove you, baby.

I looked at Felix.

"Well, let's go." I said. He smiled and we got into the car.

We drove to the drive-in and watched the movie. Monsters Inc. was on. After about a fourth of the movie was over, I asked if Felix wanted popcorn.

"Yeah. I guess."

"Okay. I'll be right back." I got out of the car and went to go get popcorn. I came back and sat down. "Okay! I wasn't sure if you wanted buttered popcorn or if you wanted-" I felt lips touch mine. I didn't pull away. And neither did him. When he did, I could stop staring at him. My face was warm. He looked back at the screen. I looked at the screen. I heard footsteps come towards the car. I looked over to my right, where they were coming. I saw Mark, he came up to the car, angry.