Chapter 15: Take Me Out to the Football Game

[Marks POV]

I had been waiting for what felt like an hour. Jack must still been in class. I looked at the clock, and saw class was almost over. Five minutes. I thought.

I looked at the clock, but no matter how long it really was after I looked at the clock, it seemed to be in the same place. I looked behind me, to the stage, which was still set up since prom was in a week and the teachers were to lazy to take it down,and say my friends were grinning from behind the stage.

I checked the clock again. Three minutes. I started humming our song.

A few minutes later, the bell finally rung. I saw people walk through the hallways through the windows that we're on the door.

Passing period came to an end, and I could hear anything.

But I swear, I told him that he was supposed to come after third. I looked at the clock. He was a minute late.

I just have to wait.

Simple to do.

Wait.

[Jack's POV]

I heard the tap, tap, tap, of my shoes echo through the empty hallway. I ran out of my third period, and down the stairs. My teacher had let me leave early. The bell went off, and everyone was slowly filing into the hallways. I had to stop my run, so I wouldn't piss anyone off. I walked, dodging people the best I can.

I was almost to the last stair case, when someone grabbed my shoulder. I swung around, and saw that Tayler, a girl in my fourth period was touching me. Out of breath, I managed to say, "Hi."

"Where are you going? Fourth period is this way." She pointed to Mr. Mills's room.

"Oh, I have to do something before class. It's an emergency."

"So, you're going to be late?"

"Pretty much."

"Oh. Well, I actually just wanted to ask if you wanted to-"

"I actually have to go, now. I'll talk to you afterwards?" She nodded. I ran down the steps. I jumped ove try last three land in on my feet. Sadly, Mark wasn't there to tell me that he was proud.

I ran up to the doors that lead me into the gym. I paused, hesitating to open the door.

What if he isn't there?

What if I'm making a mistake?

What if he just wanted to end it with me in a nice way?

I took a deep breath, and went into the room.

Let's hope this goes well.

[Marks POV]

I looked at my phone. It had been five minutes.

He still wasn't here. I looked at Max. She shrugged.

"Can you go see where he is?" I asked. She smiled and cartwheeled away. She finally went back to walking, and disappeared into the hallway.

(Time skip)

School had finally ended.

Well, not finally, but it was over. I was upset. Not at him,but just sad.

I had a game tonight.

I wonder if he'll come. Maybe I should just text him.

Hey, are you going to be at my game tonight?

Babe: Of course. Why wouldn't I be?

Idk. It's just that you did show up after third, and I got worried.