Chapter 19: Black Just Isn't Your Color

[Jack's POV]

Tears filled my eyes once again. I quickly nodded and said, "yes. Yes, I do. I love you too, Mark!" He picked me up and swung me around, the dress I was wearing fluttered in the wind. He stopped turning, keeping me in the air. I looked into his eyes. His beautiful eyes. I smiled and started laughing. He laughed with and lowered me down. He dipped me into a kiss. He slowly pulled away, leaving the taste of Mark on my lips. I laughed and laughed. He picked me up and held me close to him. My legs were almost all the way on the ground. Our hug could last forever.

I never want to let go.

[Second Month of Summer]

I looked at my ring. It was so pretty. Mark and I got a place about a week ago. I was on the couch. He was at work. We got jobs at the mall. Today was my day off. I work at the Comic Book Store. My second favorite store. He's halfway across the mall, but It's fine because, a.) Fiancé. And b.) We live together. I see him every night.

I let out a groan and looked out the window. It was only noon. He'll be off in three hours.

But what does one do for three hours? I slid off the couch and sat on the floor. Today was a pants day. I walked into the kitchen. I wasn't really hungry, but cookies. I grabbed a cookie and ate it. I walked back out to the living room. Might as well watch tv.

[Later]

I finished laughing and then saw the end of the movie I was watching. I picked up my phone and saw what time it was. A smile spread across my face as I looked out the window. He wasn't here yet. I went outside and sat on the steps of our house. I waited for Mark.

After ten minutes I layed down. The sun got in my eyes so I brought my arm up to my face so I could block the sun. I looked at my arm, and got up. I smiled, tracing the lines that used to be there. They didn't win. Jason didn't win. Russel didn't win. Jesse didn't win. My cuts didn't win.

Mark won. I won. His mom won. My arm never won. The cuts never won. I heard the car pull into the driveway. I walked over to Mark and kissed him.

"Have you been waiting there all day?" He asked.

"Nah. I just wasn't waiting inside all day." He pulled me into another kiss.

"How was your day?" We walked inside. We were sitting at the kitchen table.

"Well, Maddy forgot she worked today so I had to do half of her job plus work the counters. But it was worth it to see happy kids."

"What's it like working at Build a Bear?"

"Tiring. But worth it because then we get to cuddle and kiss and hug at home." He booped my nose. I returned a boop. He chuckled.

"What did you do today?"

"Not much. Woke up, sat on the couch, played a game, and then waited for you to come home."

"Much more exciting than my day."

"I did see a little girl and boy playing earlier. Guess there are kids around here."

"What about them?"

"I don't know. I love kids." I looked out the window.

"Oh. Jack, can I ask you something?" I looked at him.

"Yeah. What's up?" I said.

"Do you want kids?" He asked.

"Of course I want kids. I would love to have a kid." I snuggled closer to Mark. He played with my hair. He looked at the door. It was to our left. I was focusing on the tv. We were watching something. Not sure what. Santa Clause 2 was on before Mark came home. "Why did you want to know?" I asked. He looked back at me.