Chapter 27: It Hurts

[Marks POV]

I fall down on my ass. Jack laughs.

"Oh, you think this is funny?" He continues the laughter I love so dearly. I smirk and grab his arm, pull in him on to me. He lets out a bit of a shriek as he falls on to the floor, losing the ground beneath him, gravity now being my partner in crime. He bursts out into an uncontrollable laughter. I chuckle softly. His laughter slowly dies down.

I get back, latching on to the walls of the rink, and then extend out my hand for Jack. He smiles and gladly takes it.

"And now we're a gentlemen?" He says. I chuckle.

"Of course, baby." I kiss his cheek. He smiles and we continue our date.

[Time skip]

I take off my skates and walk over to the women that was behind the counter. I hand her the skates.

"Thank you! Have a nice rest of your day and a happy new year!" I smile back.

"You too!" I say. Jack was already outside. I get to the car and see him looking at the hills. It begins to rain. I get into the car. "You okay, baby?" I say. He doesn't break the hold that the hills have on him as he responds with a, "Are we sure we want to raise them in the city?" I scrunch my face in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He faces me. "Do we want her to live in a city, where problems occur?"

"Well, it's whatever you want." I say.

"No, Mark. I want to know what you want right now. Where do you want to raise her?" We had found out the sex of our baby today. Four days after Christmas. [Because I came up with her gender on December 29]

I start the car and begin driving.

"Mark?" He says.

"Well, I don't really care where we are. Just as long as I have you and her." I say. He looks back at the window. Rain was racing it's way down the window.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Jack asked.

"Not really." I responded.

"I have a few."

"Hit me with a few." I turn on the radio, but keep it low so I can still hear him.

"Well, I like the names Sophia, Amy, Amber, Samantha, Maxine, Alexandria, and Corey." I nodd my head. "What do you think?" He looks at me.

"I like Amy. Sophia's kind of got my attention, as well." I say. I make a left turn into the trees.

"Yeah. Maybe we could name her Amy. I love that name." I nodded in agreement. "I'll text Jasmine." He said. I turned up the radio. "Same Love" was on. Jack and I sang along calmly.

[Time skip, April, Jacks POV]

I could hear her cries of pain. I look over to Max, her girlfriend. She looked like she was also in pain from hearing her lovers pain. I grabbed her hand. She looked up at me, her shoulders starting to loosen, and her worry looking face becoming happy. I smiled. She smile back.

I could tell it was fake.

More cries in pain ring through our heads. I could tell she was starting to panic. She covered her ears and closed her eyes, tears squeezing from them. I tried to grab her head and made her look at me. She kept looking around.

"Max." She kept freaking out. She started breathing heavily. I got on the floor in front of her. I grabbed her arms. She wouldn't budge. "Max. Max! MAX!" She finally opened her eyes. "She's okay. She'll be okay. You'll be okay. Everyone's fine. Nothing bad will happen. She'll come out with a smile. She'll be home in a few days. She'll come home, smiling, holding a baby." I felt the tension in her arms reduce. I let out a sigh of relief as she lowered her arms. I smiled at her. Another cry of pain occurred. She looked down the hallway that they were down. I picked up my phone and put on some music, giving her the headphones. She took them. I turned it up until she couldn't hear anything.