Chapter 28: It's Behind the Dresser

[Jacks POV]

"Okay. I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, baby girl. How's it going over at grandma and grandpa's?"

"Amazing. Grandpa showed me your tree house. He said you and daddy went in there a lot."

"Yeah. We had some fun." Kissing and "doing homework". "Is grandpa home?"

"Yeah. But we're about to go to the movie theater."

"Okay. Do you want to talk to daddy?"

"Yeah! Daddy tells me a lot of fun stories about when he was a kid!"

"Okay." I pulled my phone down from my ear. "Mark! Baby!" No answer. "Just a minute, Phia." I walked upstairs. "BABE!"

"WHAT?!" He yelled back.

"YOUR DAUGHTER WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!" I hear shuffling and a loud bang. "YOU OKAY UP THERE?"

"YEAH. I JUST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR." I heard him walk across the floor. I saw him at the top of the stairs. He walked downstairs. I handed him my phone. "Sorry to keep you waiting baby. You good? Having fun with gramps and grams?"

The continued talking about whatever. I walked over to the couch. Maybe remembering a few things we did wouldn't be so bad.

I turn the page in my book.

"Okay. So, it says that he was-" I felt a pair of lips touch mine. I don't hesitate to move away or stop him. But I dont help him. He slowly pulls off me. "A traitor." He let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, but I want to keep my grades at an okay place this year."

"Look, it's not that. It's us. What do we call us?" What do we call us? A couple? Friends?

"Well, what do you want to call us?"

"What do you want to call us?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes. "What?" He said.

"You always do that."

"Do what?"

"You ask me a question, I ask you what you want or your opinion, and then you ask me that same thing."

"Well, isn't my fault that I care about my..." He looked for an answer as if it was both east and hard to find.

"Just, let's get back to studying."

"Actually, this is boring."

"We aren't skipping studying Mr. Straight A's."

"We aren't. I have an idea on how to make this way more fun."

"Oh?" I said.

"Yeah. We'll make flashcards or just quiz each other, and ehenver you get it right, you get a kiss."

"And when I get it wrong?"

"You get a teaser."

"That's not very bive, Mark."

"Isn't meant to be."

"Okay. Fine. What do you get if you get it right?"

"Blow job?" He joked. I laughed with him. I toyed with my sleeves a little.

"How about I'll make out with you. Full blown male out of you get it right."