Chapter 30: Picnic

[Yes, I am aware that Jack doesn't have green hair any longer in this part of the book, and Mark has his black hair again. I just thought it was really cute and I liked it. Also, the art is not mine. Not sure who's, but just know, I do not own the picture other than it being on my phone. Enjoy their love~]

[Jacks POV]

I pull his arm, watching Chica run around.

"Babyyyy! Hurryyyy!" I say. I giggle as he stumbles along.

"Babe... too... fast!" I let out a full blown laugh. He laughs with me. I stop running and pull Mark to me. My hand on his waist, I kiss his lips as he puts both hands around me. I pull apart for a second so I can put the blanket down. I put the cookies and our drinks down, as well. I sit down, pulling Mark lightly to the ground. He giggles and sits down. Mark grabs a cookie and start eating. I pull seven flowers out of the ground and start making a cute little flower crown.

"You know, you look best when you aren't wearing your clothes." He says.

"You mean when I'm wearing yours?" I say, not looking up from my crown.

"No. When you're naked."

"Aaaaaand why's that?" I say, still not moving my eyes away from the flowers. I feel a hand touch my chin. I look up at my lover.

"Because you're beautiful without pretty clothes." I feel a blush spread along my face. "You're the most beautiful person ever. I love you." He collides his lips with mine.

I suddenly feel fur rub against my face, neck, and arms. I pull away, and let out a string of laughter as I realize Chica felt left out. I kiss her furry head. She turns to me and licks my face. Laughter flows out like a broken dam. I look up at Mark, who was pretty much dying of laughter. Chica switches over to Mark, licking his face. She keeps switching between Mark and I.

After a few minutes, she let her attention get turned towards a butterfly. I giggle as I watch her run after it. I rest my hand on Marks. Silence falls between us. I lay down, stretching my arms outwards. I close my eyes, ignoring the reddish color my eyelids were providing. I listen to the sounds around me.

I hear the wind, the grass being blown, and the leaves moving. I listen to Chica barking and running around, the grass switching around even more. After a few minutes, I feel wind right next to me, and hear something being set down on the grass. I open my eyes a minute later, and look at him. He was already looking at me. He looks up to the sky.

"Do you ever just look at the sky and enjoy the clouds?" I keep my eyes on Mark. "I mean, look at them!"

"I love you."

"That one looks like a bunny!" He extends his arm to a cloud that's behind me.

"I love you."

"That one looks like a dog!"

"I love you."

"And that one looks like a frog!"

"I love you."

"And that one there-"

"Mark." He looks at me. "I love you." I feel my heart ache. I sit up.

"Oh, baby." I feel him move up as well. I pull my legs towards my chest. "You know I love you."

"I just wanted to hear you say it..."

"But why?" Tears form in my eyes. "Baby?" I turn to him. He wraps his arms around me. I let tears fall on to his shoulder.

"He never told me the truth..."

"That he's your dad?"

"No... that he wanted me or not..."