Chapter 10

Its Friday and I am in 7th period- study hall. I take advantage of what Sam tells me and go to the library to do my homework. I am sitting down when I hear someone sit in front of me, who I ignore  as I finish my Algebra assignment.

I start feeling someones foot move up and down my leg and I move my leg back and look up quickly. 

"I thought I was gonna have to call 911."I whisper relieved to find it to be James.

"Yeah, you wouldn't call 911 on your new boyfriend." He says smiling. He loves mentioning boyfriend all the time. It makes him feel so happy.

"So are you almost done? Let's hang out." He says rushing me.

"Yes and if you are so eager, why don't you finish up my homework for me. It's about cosine's and all that fun stuff." I say challenging him. "Also we are not going to hang out because as far as I know, this is your Humanities period right? So hows about you go back and learn."

"You're no fun." He teases and kisses me on the forehead before leaving.

I actually like that he's not so eager to make out with me. He normally just kisses my hands and forehead. He's just too sweet and it really draws me closer to him.

I know I am smiling, because when I look near the book shelves in front of me, I see Josiah looking at me again, and my smile disappears. He continues to stare and I just can't take it anymore. I get out of my seat and walk up to him.

"What do you want? Why have you been staring at me since Tuesday?" I whisper feeling as though I may yell.

"Aren't you a little too conceited? I have not waisted my time to look at you 24/7. Haven't you ever heard of someone not liking another person, that everytime they see them, they can't help but look at them, cursing them in their head?" He ask with a stupid smirk.

I stand and start to think that he is right and then I just look down at my feet, embarrassed.

"You know, you seem to be very belligerent." He starts again.

"Very what?" I say confused.

He sighs. "You know, belligerent? Always ready to fight?"  He arches on of his eyebrows, making his green eyes pop out more.

"Whatever. I'm not gonna argue with you. " I say before walking back to my seat to finish my homework.

Then, just as I feel like he will go away, he drops his books on the table and sits across me, where James just sat. I glare up at him.

"Is this also part of not liking someone? Sitting near them? I say tiredly.

"Yup. Annoying them is the best way, I'm sure. See, it's already working." He smirks and I close my eyes and ball my hand into a fist on the table."Woah, what you gonna do with that?" He points at my fist, almost touching me, which causes me to jerk back my hand.

"Josiah. Do you mind leaving me alone? I need to finish my homework. " I grit my teeth.

"I have study hall this period so I need to study. Which is why they call it study hall and not homework hall." He says while opening his chemistry book.

I am defeated and decide to ignore his presence, but  I feel him staring again. "Gosh Josiah,  what do you want from me? I yell and everyone turns my way including the librarian- who is in a bad mood and tells me to leave.

I am so embarrassed that I know if I was some shades lighter, I'd be as red as a tomato. I put my stuff into my bag and give Josiah a dirty look before leaving the library.

I do not know where to go and just wander around to find a nice, quiet, and lonely spot, which does not happen. I get frustrated and say, "I am starting to really hate Josiah."