Chapter 15

When I finally find her, I pull her from Travis.

"I thought you said Josiah wasn't going to be here." I yell over the music.

"He decided to go tomorrow so he can stay for my party.  What happened?" She yells back and looks concerned. But before I could  even answer, Josiah comes and taps her shoulder, smiling. He whispers in to her ear and she leaves the dance floor.He then notices me and his eyes widen. I self contiously put my right hand across my body to my left bicep and just stand there awkwardly.

Josiah starts to walk towards me and at that moment I feel someone hug me from behind and I still stare at Josiah who stops some feet away from me and doesn't come closer.

"You look amazing." James whispers in my ear. 

I turn around and smile at him. "You finally made it. I felt so awkward because I could only dance with Sam." 

"Sorry about that. Had to watch my little brother. He's sick, but my sister came home to take over so I could come here." He looks around and continues," I see there are plenty of guys here that you could have danced with. I wouldn't have mind." He says smiling and pulling me closer to him so both are bodies are touching. 

"Right and I am sure you wouldn't have gotten jealous." 

"Nope. I'm not that kind of guy. I choose to trust my girlfriends." 

When he said that my heart just stung and I feel bad because he shouldn't trust me. I cheated on him after one week and I feel really bad. I know it's bad, but I just wanted to kiss Josiah. I feel stupid.

Summer  time sadness comes on and everyone is dancing. James starts dancing around me with some nice moves, gliding, which really looks good. I just stare and smile at how good he is. He moves in and takes my hands in his and starts dancing with me. 

"You're good." I tiptoe a bit to say in his ear."

"Ha, not really. I have been dancing for a few years, but nothing serious. Not  as if I want to go on the show So You Think You Can Dance or anything like that. It's like a hobby." He says stopping and looking a little embrassed.

At that moment, a slower song comes on and then he looks at me and pulls me close to him, with my arms around his shoulders and his hands on my waist. We start moving our hips left and right to the beat. When we turn, I see Josiah across the room dancing with Kayla, but watching me. I barely see him due to my height and even though I wear heels, I am still shorter than James. I sort of tip toe to see Josiah better and mess up our dancing. 

"It's okay." He says in my ear and we go back to dancing. 

I tilt my head over James shoulder to watch what Josiah is doing. He is still looking at me and I look back at him, wishing I was the one dancing with him. 

Ana snap out of it. I am with James.  I tell myself and look at James, who has his eyes focused only on me. I feel so bad for him because he is such a nice guy. Why did I agree to date him, when I was going to start looking at another boy in a romantic way? I don't even know if I like Josiah. I think I want to look at him because he's gorgeous and I want to feel his lips on my lips again.

James pulls away from me and reaches into his pocket to take his phone out. Someone is calling and he leaves the dance floor, taking me with him. 

We both are outside and James answers the call. 

"Hello?' He says. Then continues more seriously.

"What?! What happened?" He yells.

" Where is Lana?" He pausees and closes his eyes before continuing, "Okay I'm coming home right now."

James ends the call and just looks at his phone, furious with whatever is happening at home. He then turns to me and takes my hands into his.  "I have to go. I am so sorry I could not stay longer." 

"It's okay, it must be important. I'll see you Monday." I say and he then kisses my cheek and turns to leave, running to his car. Once he is inside, he turns on the car and speeds out of my neighborhood. I decide to just go to the back of Sam's yard, where she has a wooden deck that has nice white, cubed tent, with sheets that cover all around, so you can't see inside. Once you go inside there is a nice bed that is held by strong wrope, hanging from it. 

I go and lay on top of it and look up at the stars above me, facinating over how many they are and just how beautiful they twinkle at night when there are no lights. I then hear footsteps and sit up, a little frightened.

"Hey." Josiah says opening the sheet, with the moonlight shining over his handsome face.

"Hey..." I say and still watch him. He then comes in, closing the sheet behind us, secluding us from everyone inside the house.

"You shouldn't be here. Someone will maybe want to come in here too and see us and.." I panic.

"Hey, calm down, everyone is inside and I doubt anyone would want to come out here in the dark like you did." He says and I see a half smile.

"But still, we need to be cautious."

"So you are saying that because you feel something for me? If not I can just leave you alone. Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel as though we both couldn't stop looking at each other on the dance floor. ." He says moving closer to me and sitting right next to me. He's waiting for my answer and I shake my head and he gets back up, then I grab his arm.

What am I doing? Why can't I just let this boy go.

"So you like me? He asks 

"I don't even know. You have been annoying and then suddenly we kiss and I liked it and been wanting more, but James is here and its so confusing." I shake my head.

He then sits down on the bed and puts his hand on my chin lifting it towards him. "So you liked it? He smirks and I just roll my eyes and move my chin from his touch. He continues,"Honestly, I think I liked you even before the kiss. Everyone was just constantly talking about how you were so good in soccer and I just watched you from there." He says.

"But, why me? Kayla is just so beautiful and I don't even compare to her."

"Like I said, I don't see Kayla like that. She may be beautiful, but the way she is does not attract me to her."

"Then why don't you tell her that. You guys are constantly around each other and  are constantly sucking her face, or kissing her cheek." I feel anger rising.

Why am I getting angry?

"Oh so you do pay attention to me. I knew Kayla since we were in middle school and she's like a good friend. Good friends are always here to stay. Also, I kind of did that so you could see." He says grinning and I smack his arm.

"This is not a joke!" I yell quietly.

He then grabs his arm pretending to be hurt and leans over to me, and to my ear saying,"I think you might like me. He whispers and I feel my body tingle.

He leans back up and then slides his hands to my cheek and pulls me in for a kiss. The kiss that I have been anxiously waiting for, the kiss that I have been afraid of. He kisses me slowly and then gets faster, pulling his hands to my side and laying back, pulling me on top of him. We lay there and our tongues collide and I sigh out. 

I open my eyes embarrassed and see his smile, but he then pulls me in for another kiss, putting his hands on the skin of my sides, and me unbottoning his shirt from top to bottom, revealing his rip chest, which makes me want him more. He then kisses my jawline to my neck, to my collar bone, and then back to my lips. 

Oh this feels so nice.

He kisses me more and then we hear voices, which cause us to pull apart. He looks at me and puts his fingers to his lips, whispers in my ear and then leaves.

I lay in the bed and pretend I am sleeping, just incase someone decided to come in. But my heart is beating so fast and loud, I feel as though someone will know I am not asleep.

Before he leaves, he tells me,"You looked beautiful tonight, and I am not just saying that. I will see you Monday Anamarie."