Chapter 14

So although James and I didn't really fight, we made up. Tuesday he came to me after first period and we were laughing again. I managed not to think about what happened between Josiah and I as well. I didnt go back to the secret room and have not talked to Josiah.

***

Its 9 am and Sam's party starts at 7pm until midnight. I ask my mom to take me to the Florida Mall in Orlando-Which has pretty much the best clothing around my area in Florida.

We go into the mall and look around each stores to see anything good. I go into Charlotte Russe. There is so much to buy and I find a cute beige lace bodycon mini skirt and a peach strappy swing tank top. I immediately take them off the rack and go into the fitting room.

My mom waits for me outside the room and when I get out, her tired face lightens up.

"You look beautiful. " She smiles.

"Now the heels." I smile back.

I find some peach strappy ankle cuffs, which are just gorgeous and we leave the mall. My mom suggests I get my hair and makeup done, but I tell her there is no need to go all out.

The ride back home is quiet. Before, when my dad and brother were alive,  the car would be filled with music, laughter,  snoring, and arguments from either my parents or my brother and I. Now everything is quiet and my mom doesn't even bother to put the radio on.

I decide to fall asleep until we get home.

☆☆☆

Its 6:50 and I called Sam and she got her clothes ready to go. I forgot to mention, but Sam has many maids of different ethnic groups that come and cook food for them everynight-Of course not all at once, but one a day. But as for todays party, all of them are making their best dishes.

I almost told Sam I wasn't going to go until she mentioned that Josiah had stuff to do with their dad in Altamonte springs-an hour and thirty minutes away. Sam's mom and dad have been divorced for some many years and they both take their turns to go visit him. Anyway, I was relieved and called James to make sure he was coming. And he was.

I go to take a long shower to make sure I am cleaned very, very well.

My mom comes into the room when I am done putting on my clothes and helps me with my makeup. After, I begin tying my hair into a ponytail, she puts her hand on mines to stop me.

"Let your hair loose today. " She says and starts taking products on my dresser to put into my hair.  When she's done, my hair hangs down my back, almost reaching my waist, in spirals of waves.

My mom leaves my room and I open the shoe box and take out my heels. Before I leave the room, I bring a bag so I can put flats in, just in case I get tired and maybe wear it for dancing, since dancing in heels is not easy for me.

"Anamarie lets go!." My mom yells before I hear the front door close shut.

Once we get to her house, I see that it is 7:30. Well I didnt want to get there too early.  My mom leans over to kiss me on my cheek good bye and she turns to go home.

I see a plethora of cars parked outside and breathe in and out before ringing the doorbell. "Here I go." I say.

Sam opens the door smiling wide and taking me into a deep embrace before she finally lets me go and examines me. "Wow, you look sexy!!" She says and I smile.

Sam is wearing a cute blue strapless dress that flows at the bottom and reaches a little above her knees. She takes my hand and pulls me into the house, where it is dark with music roaring and there are neon lights hanging from the ceiling. There are just so many people, probably over a hundred since this house is so big. 

I walk to the living room where the dj is. I still find it incredible how they can fit a dj and all these people, but I'm not complaining.

Sam comes from behind me and pulls me in the middle pf the crowd and she begins danicng.I want to dance, but I don't and I look down at my heels and back up at Sam.

"Girl just move to the music. " She yells out, but the music way louder. The song is finished and now another comes on and I just start moving my hips side to and side and when the song gets fast, I start to dance.  Like really dance and both Sam and I start laughing and dance with each other for a few more songs until Travis comes and stands next to us smiling, holding his hand out to Sam.

She takes his hand and they begin dancing to the remix version of All of Me by John legend and I leave them and go into the kitchen to snack on something.

As I move through the crowd of people in the dark, passing the front door, I look up the stairs and then I see them.

Both Josiah and Kayla come down the steps and it looks as if they are laughing.

I quickly move through the crowd and get to the kitchen-The only lit place in the house. How can he be here? He's suppose to be with his dad. I am freaking out and go into their refrigerator and get water. I then drink it all on one gulp and  go through the crowds of people to the dance floor and look for Sam.