Chapter 18.

When I get into the cafeteria, I compose myself so my frustrations do not show. Meanwhile, I see James sitting down talking to his friends and laughing. When I get my lunch, I go and sit next to him and he looks at me. 

"Where have you been?" He asks with a worried look.

"Oh, I went to my locker to put my books and a teacher stopped me to talk to me briefly about an assignment I turned in." I say, looking over his shoulder at Josiah who just came in, and our eyes meet and he smiles and winks. I don't want to distrust him, so I smile and James looks over to  what I was looking at and  then back at me with a question looked.

"Oh, sorry someone did something funny over there."  I say quickly.

"Okay, well anyway, you are here now and that's all that matters." He says and puts his arms around me and at the same time Josiah comes and he looks at us briefly and then when I think he is about to sit at the table across from us, he comes and sits on our table, directly in front of us.

I am shocked and give him the death stare, which he ignores and just smiles at the both of us, and James releases his hands from my shoulders and puts his hand out to Josiah for a handshake."What's up man? I felt like it has been forever since we seen each other." James says.

"Yeah, I've been busy helping out the coach during the lunch periods and I had a project that I had to do, which I am finally done with." He says and looks at me. So that's why we didn't talk to each other on facebook or hang out in the secret room.

"Oh yeah. I understand." James says and takes a bite out of his sandwich sloppily, which makes me not look at him in fear that I will gag.

"So how's soccer?" James asks with food in his mouth and I just look at him like he's insane. I then feel a foot move up and down my leg and I snap my head in Josiah's direction, who is cheesing.

"Great. I wish I could say the same for the Basketball team. People have been getting injured, so we do not have that many to support us." James says, shaking his head in the process.

As they talk, Josiah continues touching my leg and I push it away and he just smiles even more, which has James confused. 

"Is there something going on?" James asks and I turn to look at him. 

Did he catch on already?

He continues,"Is there some funny thing going around school? Anamarie was justs smiling at something earlier, and now it's you."

"Oh, was she now? Maybe a guy got her attention." As soon as Josiah said that I kicked him in the shin and he yells.

"Ow, my leg has been sore from all the kicks people have been planting on my leg in soccer, it's like someone is kicking it all over again." He says, gritting his teeth and looking annoyed.

"Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope your leg gets better." James says sincerely.

James looks at me and I look away and I know I need to leave  before he even replies to Josiah's comment about a guy getting my attention. "Um, I have to go to class early. I need to talk to my teacher." I say getting up quickly and leaving the boys behind.

Is he trying to give us up already? Why does he have to do that?