Chapter 30

As soon as we get there, Matthew does something so extreme, that I feel like hiding in a rabbit hole. He comes to my side, opens the door, but tells me to stay in my seat. I then see him go to the trunk of the car and takes out something red, which turned out to be a carpet. He places it on the ground and begins rolling it to the cafeteria door, and of course everyone is watching with weird looks on their faces, or laughing.

He comes back, extends his hand to me, I take off the blanket and I relunctently take his hand, knowing he is trying and I appreciate that. He walks me all the way to the door and waves me goodbye, before bending down to roll his carpet back up, which causes me to snicker.

I turn towards the door "Here I go." I take in a deep breath and exhale, opening the door and walking in to the roaring music.

People stop dancing and stare at me, and I just walk on the sides, trying to ignore the fact that everyone seems so interested in my entrance that they have to stop everything they are doing. I see the punch bowl and immediately go over there, taking my drink, and begin scanning the room to see if I find Sam and Travis.

Instead of them, I spot James and Diana walking inside the gym, with his arms around her shoulder, and her arms around his waist, as if they are some cute couple. I just avert my eyes and continue looking for Sam.

I suddenly feel someone brush past me, almost making me fall into the fruit punch bowl and I quickly turn around,"What the heck!" I see Kayla wearing a nice long blue, fitted strapless dress, that has a cut from her waist to her leg, exposing her right thigh.

"Move. I need something to drink." She pushes me aside and I can see she still hasn't learned not to bully people. I look around and she sees me do it.

"Why are you looking for, Josiah? Obviously he's back with me, if he is here with me and not you." She smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I say, walking away from her.

I then spot Josiah with a group of guys,  laughing and he catches my glance and is just staring at me with a serious face.

I just wish I can go up to him, but I keep my distance, afraid he will get in trouble with his mom, so I walk to another corner, where I can't see him, nor he see me. I have no one to dance with, so I just go to the middle of the dance floor and begin dancing by myself, which has many on lookers watching and giggling to themselves. I don't even care.

Suddenly, I am bumped and who else would do something like that other than Kayla. I turned and it is her. "What?" I snapped.

"Move, Josiah and I will be dancing here." She says.

"No." I refuse and dance again, ignoring her presence.

I turn away from her, and it seems like she's decided to leave me alone, until I turn back to see if she was there, just to be splashed with fruit punch, and its all over my dress, staining it. It is all over my face, messing up my makeup. I am in shock.

I then scream and everyone is looking at my dress, as shocked as I am. "Why would you do that?" I yell, patting my dress down in the process, and to no avail because it is ruined. Completely ruined. I go up to her about to slap her and he little groupies come and push me back.

I feel like crying because this was suppose to be my first dance and this chick just messed it up for me. I then see Josiah coming through the crowd in a rapid pace, pushing people out of the way. He then gets to us, standing on the side of both of us, examining us. I look away. If he didn't show up, I would attack her.

I begin to walk away, not being able to bear all the stares, and then Josiah grabs my hand and pulls me next to him.

"Why would you do this?" He asks Kayla. "I am just sick of you. You are really annoying me lately and I don't care what my mom says. I will never like you nor will I date you again." He says angrily, and pulls me away from the crowd.

He pulls me into the womans bathroom, locking it behind us. He inspects the bathroom to see if anyone is here and it is empty. He turns to me and lifts me up, placing me on the counter. Then, he attempts to take the stain out, by rubbing water on it, and I just start laughing, which makes him more annoyed.

"This is not funny. We need to take this off of you."  He is focused on the stain, and I gently place my hand on his to stop him, and he looks up, his annoyed face disappearing.

"It's okay. I can ask my mom to take this to the drycleaners. I'll call her boyfriend to pick me up, I really don't want to be here right now."

"No." He stares at me with those green eyes. "We are going to dance." He says, taking me off the counter and pulling me out towards the dancefloor. People stop to look.

It is a slow song, and he grabs my waist, pulling me real close to him, where our groin area touches, and I place my arms under his arms, on his back, and lay my head on his chest. People are watching, shocked, whispering, and we do not care.

He pulls apart from me and he does something I never thought he would do when everyone is watching. He kisses me lightly and then goes in for a long make out session on the dancefloor. 

When our lips unlock, I look into his eyes and smile, so widely, and he returns it, saying, "I am happy we can finally be together without hiding around."

"Me too."

I am so happy right now. I know nothing will ruin this moment.

We dance and I keep my head on his shoulders, and I notice the dance champerones running to the entrance of the gym, with panic on their faces, and other students start joining in. I then see a bloody boy who stumbles into the gym, falling on the floor. 

Josiah notices too, squinting his eyes to see who it is, and then grabs my hand and lead me to the bloody boy, who I notice has that familiar blonde, shaggy hair.

It's Travis. 

Thank you all for continuing to read my story, it means alot. I am new and hope to get better in the  future to draw more readers. Please comment and vote!! :)