Chapter 27

Josiah does many happy faces on the screen and I smile at his impatience.

"Yes? As soon as I log on you message me. Were you waiting for me to log on?" I type.

"Duh. I really hate how you never log on. I have been wanting to speak to you."

"Just call me, silly." I write and he is typing.

"I can't. "

"Why?"

"You might be mad."

As soon as he says that, the only thing that could possibly make me mad is Kayla.

"Kay..la." I write and he doesn't respond until two minutes later.

"Yeah. My mom has her over for lunch because she notices Kayla hasn't been eating and of course she's around me. I just don't want her to see me talking to you. I can't hurt her anymore."

"But you can hurt me? It's okay to not talk to me, to make her feel okay, but make me feel like crap?" I am shaking as I write,  feeling that rush of anger about to burst through my skin.

"Baby..."

"Since when was I your baby? We are not even dating and you still care about Kayla."

"Sigh.  Ana..It's not like that?"

"Like what Josiah?"

"Why do you have to be like this? I obvious broke up with Kayla for you.  I really like you. So why do you have to start arguing. We are finally taking babysteps to get back together.

"Whatever Josiah. Why are we even talking on facebook. Aren't you afraid that Queen Kayla will see?" I mock.

"Ana.." He lastly types and logs off.

I know I'm being jealous, but I even lost my own boyfriend as well, why does it matter if any of them sees us. We like each other. Is that so wrong?

I log out, upset and go to my room and fall asleep.

***

I wake up around 11pm and I am in shocked that I slept so long and I decided to go back on the computer. I want to apologize to Josiah because I think what I said was just ridiculous.

When I log in to facebook, I receive a message notification. When I click it, I see Josiah's name.

"Ana..I can sense your jealously and I am flattered that you like me that much. I know we had a few months to get to know each other and I've come to know how amazing you are in soccer, how funny you can be,  how loving, how gorgeous.  I like you so much and you are the first girl that I have actually been interested in. All these years of high school, I have never had a girl that made me feel the way you do. I needed some time to think and I hope you see this message. I'm sorry about earlier. I guess Kayla will have to accept us, if we even want to further the relationship we have with one another. Please don't stay mad, just understand me. Please. Sleep well Ana.

I want to cry with happiness. So I get my phone and dial the familiar, yet not familiar number and I hear his voice.

"Hello?" He says tiredly, so I know he just woke up.

I stay quiet.

"Hello?" He says again and I hear him fumbling with his phone."Ana?"

Silence.

"Ana, everything Alright?" He asks, sounding more awake.

"I'm sorry. I was acting too jealous. I seen your message. It was so beautiful." I finally speak out.

"I'm happy you think that way." I can hear him smiling now. "How was your day?"

"It was good. My mom went on a date with this really handsome guy and he brought me a Manchester United and an Arsenal shirt, with a ball signed by Rooney. I was so excited and after the whole stupid argument I started I then went to sleep."

"Handsome? More than me?" He says with a serious tone.

I start laughing,"You are handsome too."

"Whose more handsome?"

"Josiah. I don't like the guy for me. I like you, don't worry haha."

"So you are still home alone?" He asks.

"Yeah. The guy seems rich and probably won't take her out to dinner in Kissimmee, so  I think they went to Orlando."

"So. ..can I come over?"

Suddenly my heart starts pounding and Josiah has never really been to my house and I am all alone, so something might happen. I hesitate and do not know what to say to him, leaving that quiet air, and can only hear our breaths.