dix

Ominiscent

Jennifer was in the kitchen getting the table set for one of Madame Lalaurie's monthly parties. When the white people come together talking about politics, new slaves  they just bought, or show off their kids. She was already finished so she decided to go back outside to watch her husband, until her name was being called.

Slowly walking up the stairs, she stand in the doorway of Master and Madame Lalaurie's room with her hands behind her back. Madame Lalaurie was sitting at her vanity in her best dress and jewels powering her nose. She notices Jennifer giving her a smile.

" Hello Jen."

" Good evening Madame Lalaurie."

She kept her head down as usual.

" Is everything finished downstairs."

" Yes ma'am."

" Good.......you know he's starting to get to that age right."

" Who are we speaking of may I ask?"

" That wonderful son of yours Keith ", she fake smiles, " You know he's going to have to start pulling his weight around."

" I'm sorry Ms.Lalaurie but my baby is only eight years."

" Ok and I didn't ask for all that extra information. Teach him what you know and make it fast, I expect to see him in the kitchen Monday morning.

Keith

I was standing over the counter pouring myself a cup of coffee hoping that would wake me up. These past few days I've been having trouble sleeping. Waking up sweating and all hours of the night. Georgina worries about me, but I just tell her I'm fine.

I don't know what is going on, but hopefully I can go to somebody who can. I'm taking the say off cause I don't want to go when I'm tired, fall asleep on job, then get fired. Georgina came down with her work uniform giving me a sad look.

" Baby are you sure you don't want me to stay home, I can take a day off."

" No baby ima be straight go to work and make that bread ", I smiled.

" I can't stand you,  but I love you."

" I love you too."

I walk her to the driveway and wave as she pulled out. I return back into the house and my phone is going off notifying me about my appointment I have today. I don't plan on going all dressed up so I throw on an Adidas track suit and call it a day. I go into the garage and hop in my jeep starting up the engine.

~ ~ ~

I pull up to the spot where I was suppose to be at and take a deep breath. It was between a New Orleans souvenir shop and a bar, how convient. I look up at the sign and read Madame Zeroni's House of Voodoo.