dix-huit

Keith

Today is my first day back at work and I'm excited about making more money again. I have enough money to get a car because I don't want my baby breaking her neck trying to get me to work on time. Speaking of my baby, we have been doing great so far. Recently she's been giving me the baby talk. I mean I do want to have a baby and many more with Gigi its just complicated.

I was folding up shirts doing what I was doing what I was suppose to be doing until my boss called me. I fold the last shirt walking over to my boss fixing my ear piece. I see him smiling which takes a weight off my shoulders, at least it's not anything bad. We start to walk about the store as he pays my shoulder.

" Keith you have been working her for a short period of time and missed some days due to health complications. I will tell you that you have displayed a work ethnic I have never seen before. That's why I am going to promote you to assistant manager."

" Wow thank you so much sir."

" Training will start Friday and it's basically you just shadowing and following me around the store. Congratulations Keith."

" Thank you so much sir. I really do appreciate it."

" You can take the rest of the day off and celebrate with your girlfriend."

I go to the back to my locker grabbing my backpack puttingnmy ear piece and name tag inside of it. I exit out of the front of the mall walking to the Starbucks near by waiting for my uber. I get two caramel frappicinos during my wait for Gigi and I. My uber pulls up and we start heading downtown.

~ ~ ~

The car stops in front of Clapback Cajun Cafe and I give the driver a tip. I close the door and he drives off. Walking into the cafe I see a gang of people in here eating, drinking at the bar, and waiting. They are hella busy today. I see her with multiple plates on her arms and hands as she tends to a big table. Uncle Luke spots me and tell me to wait at the bar. Since I left before lunch I went ahead and ordered a fried oysters, stuffed shrimp, crawfish platter, and french fries. Georgina walks up behind me wrapping her arms around my torso.

" Hey baby girl ", I kiss her lips.

" Hey baby."

" So I have some news."

" Me too, but you go first."

" I got promoted to assistant manager."

" That's fantastic baby ", she kissed my lips multiple times.

" What is it that you want to tell me ", I smirk.

" This morning I set up an appointment with my OBGYN and she said everything looks great and I am suitable for having a baby. All she needs to do is calculate your sperm count."

My smile fell down and I run my hands down my face letting out a sigh. Georgina unwrap her arms from around me and sadness takes over her face.

" But you don't want to have a baby with me do you ", she whispers.

" No baby I do it's just that....baby I don't feel like right now is the best time."

" Keith I don't understand, you all on board about having this baby with me until I mentioned sperm count. Is there something you need to tell me that you are hiding?"

" No. I have to go tell Uncle Luke to box up my food and he can just swing by the house with it."

~ ~ ~

I was just walking around downtown trying to clear my head. I stop by a bar and order a hurricane drink and told them to keep them coming. I feel a prescene next to me and I don't pay them any attention.

" Keith?"

I scrunch my face up turning to my left to see somebody who thought I would never see.

" Marie?!"

Story might end a little earlier than I thought