Chapter 2

"Congratulations on your Pregnancy!!!" Viktor, Mom, Dad, Mari, Yuuko, Takeshi, the triplets, and Minako cried, the second I got into the lobby

"I remember my pregnancy with the girls being wonderful." Yukko added, hugging me. "Congratulations, we're so excited for you!"

"Wait, how did you know, I only texted Viktor? And I specifically asked him not to tell anyone yet." I asked, shooting Viktor a look of betrayal.

"It wasn't me this time!" Viktor defended. "It was the girls, they saw my phone. Do you want to kiss and makeup?"

"That would help very much, thank you." I reply, and I give him a kiss, but it goes on for shorter than I would like, thanks to a chorus of "ewww" from the triplets.

"And if we're really going to get specific, it was Pichit who pointed out the rings." Minako muttered under her breath.

"I'm sorry the girls eavesdropped, you must have been really excited to tell us." Yuuko apologized. "But I will make sure they DON'T POST ANYTHING."

"When is the due date?! My first grandchild, this is great!" Mom asked, doing a little danced

"November 28th." I replied. Smack Dab in the center of skating season.

"I made pork Cutlet bowls!" Dad exclaimed. "There's no greater VIKTORy than fatherhood." Viktor, who still hadn't gotten used to Dad jokes, started laughing. Mari and I however, rolled our eyes. "What? Of anything, you two need to start taking notes!"

"Thanks guys." I responded, turning a little red. I swear, by the time the baby comes I will have turned into Bashful the dwarf. We all go into the big dining room, kneel down and start.

"What are your plans for this season? Are you going to be able to skate?" Mari asked through a mouthful of pork.

"No, Dr.Hamazaki gave me explicit orders. If I fall down, the the baby could get hurt. Not to mention I'm due in the middle of the season, and it would be hard to perform quad sau cows with a gigantic stomach." I respond. "Viktor and I haven't really talked about it."

"You really should." Minako butted in. "Viktor's out of a job, unless he wants to back to skating."

Viktor thought for a moment, holding chopsticks full of rice in the air. "I really enjoy coaching, It's a different pace than skating. Not to mention if something serious happens during a competition, I can comeback, and my student will be able to still compete." Me and Viktor looked into eachother's eyes, remembering the time when Macachin got into the steamed buns and Viktor had to leave me in Moscow for the free program of the Rostelecom cup. An awkward moment of silence passed over the table, and everyone else reminisced in the memory, and we were only snapped out of it when Yuuko's phone started to play "On love; agape." Her face turned to a look of horror.

"I'm sorry guys, I need to take this." She said as she stood up. She bowed and left the room.

"What was that about?" Mari snarkily remarked.

"Whatever it is, It's really important. Yuuko's a nice girl, would never have just left the table like that." Mom explained.

"I think something's going on with Yurio. She's been texting and talking with him a lot since the wedding." Takenashi divulged.

"Maybe Yakov's upset that both Yurio and Mila skipped practice to come." I suggested.

"Perhaps. Yakov has never been the type to let his skaters off easily." Viktor voched.

The sliding bamboo door opened, revealing a Yuuko who was as pale as a sheet. Her hand gripped her phone harder than I've her seen her prp anything before.

"What's wrong Mom?" The triples inquired.

"Girls, please go play in the lobby." Yuuko requested.

"But Mom!" The triplets winned

"GIRLS."

"Yes mommy." The triplets got up and huffed out of the room. After Yuuko confirmed that they were indeed in the lobby, she sat down.

"Yurio just got fired from the Russian Skating Association, at Yakov's demand, for coming out as Pansexual." She stated. Minako's eyes grew wider than seems physically possible, and jaw dropped. Mari gasps. Vikor's hand seemed to lose all control, and his chopsticks clatter to the floor. A queasy ignites in my stomach, and I can't tell if it's from the baby or Yakov's terrible actions.

"What?!" Mari gasps.

"Is he still on the other line?" Viktor asked, and Yuuko nodded. Viktor grabbed the phone, and exited the room, taking a kilo a minute in Russian.

"Is that even legal? Takenashi asked.

"Unfortunately. You can't get arrested for being gay in Russia, but other than that, discrimination is completely legal." I informed. "We had to do a lot of research and planning to make sure nothing would go wrong with the wedding."

"VIKTOR, tell Yurio he his welcome to stay here" my father yelled through the thin bamboo wall. Viktor shadow nodded as confirmation.

"I hope everything turns out alright. I can't imagine how terrible he must feel right now." Yuuko remarked, holding her hands over her heart. The bamboo door opened, and Viktor walked in, caringa a stony expression, and sat down.

"I'm going to be Yurio's new coach. He wants to appeal the decision, but if that's not possible, Then he will try another country's organization, most likely the JSF. Yuri, you look green." Viktor, announced. "Let's go before you mess up everyone's meal."

________________________________________________________

About a half hour later, and my stomach has settled(for now) Viktor and I are back in our room, sprawled across the bed. He's leaving on a pillow, and my head is on his chest. One of his hands lay on my shoulder, and occasionally, one of mine reaches up to feel his perfectly formed, clean-shaven face. The warm scent of cologne makes me want to deeply sigh in pleasure. Nether of us speak, and the the only sound I hear from him is his heavy, constant breathing, Moments like this are my favorite. Sometimes it still even feels surreal that Viktor has even shown an interest in my very existence yet at other times, like right now, I can barely believe I lived without him by my side.

"It's hard to imagine that soon, it won't just be me and you." Viktor states. "Before we know it, a little child will be here. How long do we have to wait to find out if they are a boy or a girl?"

"That happens around 20 weeks. Right now I'm around 1 week." I reply. We both go silent again, unable to shake the events of dinner. "Its terrifying, what's happening with Yurio. Just thinking that someone could be forced to give up their career, all because of who they love."

"I know. But what's really tormenting me is that if Had I not stepped down to coach you, It most likely wouldn't be Yurio in this situation, but me. I would be able to handle it, but he is too young for this to happen." Viktor remarked. I move in closer to him, burying myself into his shirt. I take his hand and place it over my abdomen, right over the baby.

"Viktor. Lets think about how terrible the world is tomorrow. Right now, all I want to be able to cuddle, while nothing is in the way." I requested. "And a kiss, to make up for the one before dinner"

"Your wish is my command, little piggy." Viktor joked, and we both closed our eyes, and kiss, soaking up the experience of each other.